Who has snow?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by EIBB_Ray, Dec 5, 2003.

1. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

We just got our first measurable snow of the year overnight - about 3 inches. Anybody else want to brag (or complain?)

2. Di

Di Active Member

Ooohh, I wish. I love a good "snow in". An' its sooo pretty when everthing is nice and white. Bl***y cold though! :lol:

3. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

We were supposed to get some here in Chicago overnight, but it never really got cold enough so all we got was rain. :-(

I'd rather it snowed. And yes, you can throw that back in my face sometime in January when we're digging out from some 15-inch blizzard! :)

-Lothian

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

awwww i love snow we always get it in jan but only the type thats really thin then goes mushy :cry:

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I don't think it snows officially in the North West. I've been here for 8 years now and haven't seen a decent snowdrift.
    Not like the snows we used to get back in the old country. Them were the days, arrr, and the snow was colder and more whiter and you young'uns dunna know yer borrrrnn.

Sorry, slipped into some kind of aged crone routine there, must be my time of life. 7 p.m. on a Friday without, as yet, a drink in my hand. Off to get one.
    BMB

6. Moy

Moy Active Member

Even up here in the so called frozen north...no snow.
    I teach out Royal Deeside and even there no snow.
    Not missed a day off school yet and that is unusual.
    It will probably come in Jan or even Feb this time.

7. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

We've had a couple of storms that made driving a challenge to say the least but there's not much left on the fields. We are just missing an apparently massive snow storm on the U.S. East Coast; as the weather man said "It's staying south of the Great Lakes" and I have no problem with that at all! There'll be more than enough before long.

8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

aww, i was hopin when i moved north i'd get some snow!! stupid bloody manchester!

9. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Rub it in, why don't yas???

It's Summer, it's 32 degrees, it's humid....

And even if it were winter, we're too far north for snow.

FYI, 100 KM south of the Tropic of Capricorn.

10. Moy

Moy Active Member

and who's jealous of who? :wink:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    year
    measurable snow
    inches
  12. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Speaking of snow . .

Has anyone seen mine, I saved some from last year, I swear I left it in the hall, but it's not there!!!! I think someone's nicked it!!!!!!!! :cry:

13. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Snow? what's that?

It has really cooled down here too, now 28 degrees. We haven't had any snow but some condensation on the car!!!

If we feel homesick at Christmas we just sit in front of the fridge and listen to the floral dance!!

Merry Christmas!

14. Okiedokie of Oz

Well, I'm open to trade :wink:

15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

We could have the first tMP band swap....2 people swap bands (and countries) for a week or so, see what happens!

16. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

No snow here.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

17. groovy

groovy Active Member

It snowed one day in October, but it didn't lie. :cry: We had brilliant snow a couple of years ago - feet deep. :D

18. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

I´m on holiday in Spain! and we had snow. I bet it´s been raining in Britain the whole time I´ve been away! :(

19. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

We had some good snow in 1982. Since then, barely a sausage...

Dave

20. Okiedokie of Oz

Well, if we hurry up and do it, I get out of Carols by Candlelight!!!!!!

21. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

I'm up for it and am sure I can get someone else from EIBB to go, who wants to come to Iowa? Suggest a springtime swap, Jan/Feb in Iowa can be -15 to -25 degress (sometimes for the highs).

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    year
    measurable snow
    inches