Who has got to take time off work for the Areas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Who as got to take time off work to play at the Area Championships this Year or any year for that matter of fact.
    Wheter it be:
    A Day
    Lose a days pay and pull a sickie
    Have got to have a weeks holiday as they cant get a Saturday off to play at the Contest.

I have had to have a weeks holiday,.
    What about the rest of you

OR dont you need to take anytime off work?

2. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Work? Oh yeah that's what poor people do. :biggrin: :hammer

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

A WEEK??? Does your band practise all day for the whole week?

4. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I've had to take the Friday and Sunday off. We are having a rehearsal on the Friday, I dont finish work till 8 - so I have a holiday. We play on the Saturday, and I have the Sunday off too ( I hope... ) incase of a drink or two... hopefully toasting a good placing ( failing that, drowning our sorrows ) :)

5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

NO DYL
    I HAVE TO HAVE A WEEKS HOLIDAY SO I CAN PLAY AT THE CONTEST AS I WORK SATURDAYS AND NOWAY CAN I GET SATURDAYS OFF [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry if I appear dumb, but Saturday's only 1 day!

7. paddo

paddo Member

I have to leave the area weekend clear and take no bookings for weddings or anything else for that matter.

Probably costs me about £****! what we do for banding eh!

Oh dear! it looks like I have booked the complete weekend for the nationals......dam and blast......

8. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I'im hoping to take the monday off to recover from a winning hangover!!:p

9. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I've booked a day's leave for the Monday following the contest.

10. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

As I work at home for my dad, I can get off anytime I want, which is just fine and dandy and I get sunday mornings off anyway! Come next friday about 2pm, thats me off and I can get rid of the boilersuit and wellies, till sunday night!! :tup :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    matter
    work
    Areas
    DayLose
    Wheter
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Sunday off...

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Even though we're competing on the Saturday (setting off at 5am) and we're staying in Swansea in the evening, the fact that we've decided to have a long stop on the way home on the Sunday to watch the Wales v Scotland 6 Nations match has made me take the Monday off work! ;)

14. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

ive booked the week from the sunday off to nurse my hangover! And now the band has decided not to go:(

15. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

Haven't had to take any time off this year, (although I have in the past) but, due to lovely roadworks ("May cause severe delays this weekend!") I'm having to shell out for two nights in a hotel.

Sud.

16. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

I was supposed to be working this weekend when our Areas are on but I managed to swap, although now it's kinda become irrellevant as I'm finishing this job on Friday and starting a new one on Monday! Woo Hoo! :bounce
    Have also skived off early from a couple of shifts over the last couple of weeks to make more rehearsals

17. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i dont have to take time off school... even if humongous hangover occurs... i still turn up to school!!

my mum tried to take the monday off work this year, but she couldnt... it was already fully booked by non banders!!

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Although not playing, only going to listen, I've requested the Thursday and Friday as holiday to make up for deserting my wife over the weekend :oops:

19. HBB

HBB Active Member

Does this mean that you're listening on Sunday too Peter?

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Afraid not, Benny - can't really justify missing my usual Sunday's activities with the band :frown:

21. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I like your style of skiving off a bit early from work to get to practise, one of our players did that last night and the same for Friday as well:clap:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    matter
    work
    Areas
    DayLose
    Wheter