Who do you now want to win?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andywooler, Jul 4, 2006.

Now England are out, who are you want to win the World Cup?

1. Italy

9 vote(s)
  2. Germany

7 vote(s)
  3. France

7 vote(s)
  4. Portugal

2 vote(s)
  5. Don't Care!

4 vote(s)
  1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

So, now we're out, who are you all supporting?
  2. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Not bothered now between France of Germany...but I voted France just cos I think Zidane deserves it for the way he outplayed the Brazil team.

As long as the cheating, diving Italians don't win it tho, I'm happy.
  3. gawber

gawber Active Member

I would like to see a Germany v France final as I think it helps the tournament when the home team are still in it.

I would like France to win the final. I think Zidane has been outstanding and it would be a fitting end to his career.
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

'We' were never in it, so I was supporting Spain from the off, and when they got knocked out I switched to Brazil as they were my band sweepstake team. Now - I don't really care tbh! Hoping for some good games though. Actually - I have two Germans left in my Dream team - so I'll go for them!
  5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Anyone but Portugal!
    I think it could be a Germany Vs France final with France just shading it. As long as the games are good, I'm not bothered who wins now (as long as its not Portugal!!)
  6. persins

persins Member

Sounds about right to me too. Anyone but Portugal!

I reckon that the Italians will be trying extra hard to prove that the players aren't bothered by the court case against most of their clubs. They may also be trying to attract future bids rather than playing in the lower leagues!!

France have played appaulingly except against Brazil. Not sure they deserve to win it but still have a cracking chance. Then there's the Germans. With home support and the way they have been playing, who would bet against them?

I just hope that the final few games are not marred by a load of over-paid girls rolling around the floor in mock agony as if they have been shot. The amount of diving has been verging on criminal.

Bring on the Rugby Union season!
  7. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

I want Italy to win, as I have done since the mighty Trinidad & Tobago got knocked out!
  8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I wonder if the "anyone but Portugal" comments will set the Scots off again? :rolleyes:

I have thought long and hard about this ('cos it's been too hot to do any serious work today!) and despite Henry's discraceful "face injury" I think I want France to win. They are, after all, our next door neighbours.
  9. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Now I'm really wound up!! I put Germany down, only to see them lose to a side that had to cheat to get past Australia...ah well.

Sadly, I'll probably be supporting Portugal now, which means France is assured a place in the Finals!
  10. gawber

gawber Active Member

Yes.....you do that please! ;)
  11. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well I'm going to have to go for the Italians. Been to Italy twice and had a great time on both occasions, been to France on numerous occasions and hated it (appart from the one visit to Le Mans but that wasn't exactly going to France). Also the Italians can cook and (depsite the common Myth) the French can't! (they just kill it and stick it on a plate with half a ton of Garlic).

Never been to Portugal so can't comment on that, but if we're talking about cheating.... :D

(all comments slightly tongue-in-cheek) :D
  12. stephen_clapton

stephen_clapton New Member

Im going for Italy once again. Normally cheer for them during the tournaments anyway, but this year I pulled them out in the work sweep-stake, so I really want the £32 now as well!!! ;)
  13. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Yes, but they were brilliant last night - one of the best matches this tournament so far and the Italians didn't dive anywhere near as much as they normally do and it benefitted them. If anything, Germany's players had an attack of the Klinsmann's! Podolski went down quicker than a you know what in [please insert desired place name].

I expect that tonight will also be a great match, that France will win about 3-2 and that the Final will be the worst match of the tournament won by Italy 1-0 in their old style of ducking and diving.

14. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

France for me. Shame the Germans went out, but I feel they were out-played in the end Really, really, really don't want Portugal to win!!!
  15. DublinBass

The were briliant in overtime (2 off the post and 2 in), but quite mediocre in regulation. Very true about the less diving...I'm just a bitter bitter still.
  16. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Having lived there for 3 1/2 yrs, I voted for Germany - they really are nice people!
    Noew, though, has to be Italy - too many gooners with French connections. Plus their manager looks like Paul O'Grady

*edit* Oops!! Hit the edit button instead of quote and saved it before I'd realised!! You can't get the mods these days can you? Sorry.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2006
  17. DublinBass

as promised! ;)
  18. 2nd man down

And their ex manager is the spitting double of Eddie Jordan!!! :eek:

I'm still rooting for France tho...blooming Italians, it sickens me every time I see them hitting the ground clutching their faces or heads because someone came within 6 feet of them. :mad: They're ruining the game completely.
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Shocking, you're a disgrace the badge. :mad: I suggest you pack your bags and be out of Modville by sundown!

20. 2nd man down

At least I can string a coherent sentance together...shouldn't that have been "a disgrace to the badge"?? :rolleyes:

This forum ain't big enough for the both of us....