Who Are PolySteel?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by weenie, Jun 7, 2008.

1. weenie

weenie Member

Did anybody hear the commentary on the test cricket yesterday? (Friday 6th June).

Apparently my band PolySteel were mentioned on air by Jonathan Agnew and Geoff Boycott. They raised the question to listeners of what type of entertainment they would like to see at next years 20:20 cricket and Boycott said he would like to see brass bands there. Someone emailed in that they would like to see PolySteel Band at the 20:20. He then said there were some well known bands in Yorkshire such as Dyke, Grimey & Brighouse but questioned the validity of the PolySteel Band thinking that someone was winding him up!

I didn't hear it, but apparently the story appeared on 4br, then for some mysterious reason disappeared off the news page altogether.

Did anyone hear this banter about the band on the air??
  2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

No but the YYBB are doing the entertainment at a cricket match at headingley on the 20th July, England V W. Indies i think. So they've obviously got their way.
  3. statto81

statto81 New Member

Boycott thought that PolySteel must be a steel band.

Someone had to email in to explain that they were the sponsors :oops:
  4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I was listening to it on my way home from work, Boyks was really getting on his high horse telling Aggers he was a plonker "Polly Steel! How can that be a brass band? Its a steel band for gods sake, any clot knows that". I had a right good chuckle to myself.

Oh and he did mention that the adjudication at the Cambridge Masters was a bit dodgy :wink:
  5. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

Guilty of being that someone... :oops: :oops: :oops:

How I wish I had more constructive ways to spend my Friday afternoons than emailing TMS!
  6. David Mann

David Mann Member

Is he free for next year's contest? I'd love to hear his summing up..
  7. Al

Al Member

8. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

I think Geoffrey would make a good adjudicator....

"It's all about technique......."

and when going to the toilet after a band contest.....

"It's that corridor of uncertainty!"

Though even Geoffrey wouldn't like to comment on swinging balls at a band contest!!
  9. tubaminstrel

tubaminstrel Member

I don't suppose anyone has it recorded? I'd love to hear it (Boycs and agnew that is, not the masters results!!)
  10. daveh

daveh New Member

"There was genuine pace in that opening"

"He should never have played at that note"

"The sop player nicked one and it shot straight through to the adjudicators box"

11. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Try going to there website, they should keep a recording of the show for up to 50 days.
  12. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Yes, would not want to have a wild slash outside the offstump :biggrin:
  13. Sonny Barker

Sonny Barker Member