Whitworth Vale & Healey appoint new MD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by tat, Aug 17, 2009.

1. tat

tat Member

Whitworth Vale & Healey Brass Band are please to announce the appointment of Jason Smith (columbo) as their new musical director.

The appointment comes just before the bands tour of Germany, and the band are looking forward to working with Jason for the up and coming concerts and contests in the 3rd section.

The band would like to thank everyone who applied for the position and we had some enjoyable rehearsals during the auditions.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Whitworth Vale & Healey
    Whitworth Vale & Healey Brass Band
    Jason Smith
    Germany
    columbo
  3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Congrats, Jay!
    Wishing you and the band the very best in the future and if you ever need a trombone player ;)

4. Columbo

Columbo Member

No worries Tone. I will definitely bear you in mind. Looking forward now in settling down and making good progress with Whitworth.

Thanks to Dave and the team for making me feel really welcome. A great set of bandspeople with fantastic attitude. The youngsters are a credit with a great respectful and willing frame of mind.

Brian has done great things with them here and it can only benefit the band as they integrate well.

5. liteman

liteman New Member

Congratulations

Well done !

6. weeble

weeble New Member

well done Jason :eek:)

7. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Well done that man!!

8. Frontman

Frontman Member

May I take this opportunity to pass on my congratulations to Whitworth Band for an excellent choice for M.D..

I know Jason Smith very well, he has a superb playing background and has gained experience in Conducting in the correct manner. He has gained that experience in the 4th section over the last couple of years teaching players the correct way to play and the correct way to approach banding. He has a super man management approach and I am convinced that with the quality of players who are at Whitworth, I am convinced that this partnership will be very fruitful within a very short period.
    Best wishes to you all for the future.

Look forward to seeing you all at Pontins.

9. Columbo

Columbo Member

Cheers all. Back off hols then Dave?!

I like the tongue in cheek, see you at Pontins remark!! You B***er! Thanks Dave.