Whitehaven Results

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Andy_Euph, May 16, 2004.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Have been depping today at the Whitehaven contest and was a canny day out, gorgeous weather.
    The results I know are

3rd Section
    1. Dearham 181pts - Dimensions
    2. Pilling Jubilee Silver 180pts - Laudate Dominum
    3. BMP Goodshaw 179pts - Laudate Dominum
    4. Five Rivers 177pts - Hollywood
    5. Carlise St Stephens 175pts - Vizcaya

4th Section
    1. Dunston Silver 176pts - Partita
    2. Five Rivers 173pts - Partita
    3. Stanhope 171pts - Lydian Pictures

5th Section/Unregistered
    1. Whitehaven Brass 169pts - Four Little Maids

If anybody knows the results for the other two sections please add :D

2. deave

deave Member

hey andy! big ups to my first band - fiver rivers (aka backworth colliery)

did they play two different testpieces in one day??

3. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

yep we did :)

4. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Apparently Felling won the 2nd section... well done although not a surprise as they are a good band

5. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Well Done all!! Am dissapointed I couldn't make it this year. Maybe next year...

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Wansbeck's Ashington were 2nd playing Dimensions, well done, hope the trend of Northumberland bands staying in the prizes lasts for a long time :D

7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Well said that man. Just imagine if there more than like 3 Northumberland bands still around. We would rule the world!!

8. six pints

six pints Active Member

oh yeah, we rock!

9. dave jake

dave jake Member

10. bigcol

bigcol Member

It's the only contest you win :p

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    contest
    Whitehaven
    Whitehaven Results Have
    weather
    Rivers 177pts
  12. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

How cool was our result in the third section the band enjoyed it so much too- just goes to prove that the band is going places and capable of loads. It was a tough section - best of luck to Dearham in the US. Didn't get to drink ovington under the table because coke gets a bit tastless after a couple of bottles but im sure the rest of the band made up for me - I had to go straight back home cos I had two of my finals exams today - boo :(

13. hornydevil

hornydevil Member

Whitehaven Results - 1st section

1st - Tintwistle -Coventry Variations
    2nd - Blackburn & Darwen - John o Gaunt
    3rd - Easington
    4th - Johnstone - John O Gaunt

14. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Yeah we thought we'd let you have a prize this time, so we didn't go :twisted:

Only kidding, well done Chezza and well done to the band :D

15. hornblower

hornblower Member

Well done DSB I hada great day, and it was great to be on the winning team after all the hard work we all put in... a special thanks to Wonky B for the onstage entertainment before we started.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Cheers Kate. I knew we could pull it off but I didn't think I would take myself literally and pull the top of the condutors stand off - TWICE!! :oops: :roll: In my defense it was very high. Steve from Stanhope must have had it up to his neck. :lol:

Excellent remarks from both a personal and band perspective. I tried to post them on our site but unfortuantely they haven't scanned very well. But if anyone wants them in a nutshell - three words - We Were Marvellous!! :p Every bands soloists did their jobs but as the adjudicator said our accompianments were a different class and we took risks with dynamics which paid off. 3 points to second says it all. Good all round band performance and makes up for our dissapointing performance at the Nationals. Not a bad day for me;1st conducting and a 2nd and 4th playing. Pity I didn't get a cut of the prize money. 8)

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Memories of the Europeans - I think it was Steve Bastable who wanted the stand much higher than anyone else: cue much fiddling around to raise it, followed by similar antics when the rext band took the stage and tried to put it down again :shock: :wink: :lol:

18. Psychotic_Musician

Psychotic_Musician New Member

Re: Whitehaven Results - 1st section

Whoo! We are still getting good results! isnt that nice every body? Well? any way well done to the band, since i wasnt able to play (exams were upon me) you still managed to do it with out me :p not that it made much difference really, but any way well done the band!