Whit Friday - Yorkshire Coach Companies?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by spufferoo, Apr 20, 2007.

1. spufferoo

spufferoo Member

Can anyone help. We at Lofthouse are looking at doing the Whit Friday jaunt this year. Our usual coach company is unavailable. Can anyone recommend a coach company in Yorkshire who know the ins and outs of the whit fridays and are reasonably priced?

Cheers in anticipation

If anyone fancy's joining us for a fun filled evening PM me with your details

2. bumperman

bumperman Member

Don't use Yorkshire Rose company (I think thats what there called!). We had them last year and he wouldn't take us to Greenfield but more importantly he wouldn't let us drink on the coach! Whats all that about! Its the most sober I've been on a banding trip!!

Apparently Four Square are quite good! One of their drivers used to take Grimey round so I've heard!

3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Can't necessarily blame either the coach company or the driver for that; they're only upholding the law, and it's their operating licence at stake ...

4. bumperman

bumperman Member

I thought they could only ban alcohol when they are going to and from a sporting event?

5. Di

Di Active Member

I've just had a quick google around at coach companies terms and conditions. They all have rules about alcohol. Some say none at all, some say no food and drink at all and some quote the 1985 act. Here's one such example:

This is the only LAW I've found so far relating to alcohol, but have found another site offering information about coach hire :

http://www.ukcorporatesolutions.com/services/transport/coach_faq/default.htm#Alcohol

6. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

We use Yorkshire Rose all the time and never have any problem. I'd say we just keep it "hidden" from the driver but we're just not discreet!

7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

... and contesting isn't a sport ... ?

Seriously, my understanding is that it is illegal to consume alcohol on a coach under any circumstances. I think there may be an exception if it is served by a dedicated Steward/Stewardess-type person (employed by the Coach Co.) and served in "appropriate containers" (ie presumably plastic "glasses", not cans or bottles).

Don't take my word for it, mind. Just something I thought I read somewhere ...

[Edit: Sorry, Di, crossed over!]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Use the yellow pages website and search yorks coach companies there's loads when you look! Most of them are ok. We've never had a problem with the drink as we have been told by our companies that as it's a private hire, it's not a problem, just don't flaunt it out of the windows etc etc.