Whit friday wedding

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by $hytalk, May 16, 2006.

1. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

I suppose it's time to go public on this one.Most band people who know me would say that whit friday is my favourite day of the year.It's like christmas day and your birthday rolled into one , and as soon as it's over, I'm looking forward to the next one.Whit friday has also been very kind to me over the years and I have been very lucky to win lots of prizes whilst conducting my old band, Parr band (two best non-championship trophies at Delph) and also with my current band ,Greenall's.SOooooo! When my fiancee, Joanne(solo horn - Greenall's) suggested we get married on whit friday, you can imagine my response!!!
    This year, it's going to be birthday, christmas day and wedding day all rolled into one! Joanne and I are due to marry at 10.30 a.m. on whit friday morning, then it's off for a chinese buffet at noon and onto the charabang at 3.00 p.m. bound for Saddleworth. Greenall's band will be celebrating with us and I'm sure a lot of you will will notice us on the circuit and we'll be hoping for a prize. I don't know which route we're taking yet, but we will finish in Delph where old friends from other bands will meet up with us. I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to it, and we can't think of a better way to have a wedding reception. I don't know many TMP'ers but if your'e around, say hello. I'll be in my favourite place, on my favourite day,with Joanne and the best folk in the world - band folk!!!

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    wedding
    B
    one.
    whit
    band
  3. horn__blower

horn__blower Member

aaaaw how sweet.
    congratulations and all the best for a happy future together :)

4. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

Congratulations John & Joanne, so you have won a first prize already! Julie and I won't be in Saddleworth on your wedding day I'm afraid. I will try to get in touch with the omnipotent powers and see if I can get the calendar changed, so that your anniversary will be on Whit Friday every year :biggrin:

5. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, how romantic. :) Hope you have a superb day and a very happy future together. :clap:

6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Fantastic!! Can't think of a better way to tie the knot! Hope you have a brilliant day, and if we bump in to you I'll say Hi!! Good luck for the day. :tup :clap:

7. Steve

Steve Active Member

I presume you will be doing whits in wedding attire :tup Congrats guys

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Congratulations!

I remember the other year seeing "Stag Brass" on the circuit- someone was having a Whit Friday stag do with his mates from various bands! What a great idea!

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

Just dont do it in hired wedding gear! Makes a cheap day at the Whits rather more costly

10. gawber

gawber Active Member

Many congratulations.
    Hope you have a long, happy and healthy married life together.

11. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Are you playing the Wedding March?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    wedding
    B
    one.
    whit
    band
  13. sniperjp

sniperjp Member

Congratulations John and Joanne, hope you enjoy your day. All the best

14. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

Yes we'll be in wedding attire (bought not hired - so no worries!!) and so will most of the band and the coach!!! Many thanks for the kind messages.

15. Horny H

Horny H New Member

Congratulations John and Joanne! Good luck for the wedding and the playing. Playing with Parr so we'll see you in Delph. Best wishes Hayley and Stuart

16. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

Definately not! Although the band want to.

17. brass stick

brass stick Member

wedding congratulations

Many happy returns John ,and congratulations - what a fantastic way to celebrate and remember your anniversary.

Hope you both have many happy banding years together!

Steve

Sale Brass

18. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Congrats!!
    What a plendid idea :)

Hope you have a most wonderful day!

19. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

Thanks steve - long time no see, hope we might see you on whit friday?

20. gawber

gawber Active Member

Are we allowed to throw confetti?

21. NeilW

NeilW Member

I wonder if the horns, baris, euphs and basses will be playing with hairnets over the bells to keep it out!

I used to play at a carnival where the kids threw pennies etc and we soon got hairnets!

Good luck to John & Joanne - we get to our 24th anniversary tomorrow!

Neil

22. $hytalk

$hytalk Member

Yes, but it would be better if you threw money or crates of wine or beer!!!!!:p