Whit Friday Tip For Competing Bands

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Mephi, May 28, 2009.

1. Mephi

Mephi Member

The contest organisers have asked me to make a request to all competing Whit Friday bands that may just read this. Can an A4 sign with the band name be placed in a corner (preferably both) of your coach windscreen or front side windows please? It helps with instant recognition, therefore speeding things up for everyone concerned. I know most bands have their own signs displayed at some part of the coach but this would help a lot, especially at the busy periods of the evening.

2. Steve

Steve Active Member

Its spelt Black Dyke if anyone wasn't sure. ;)

3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

:clap::clap::clap:

4. Mephi

Mephi Member

Well aren't you a smart a****! Try doing the contests and the bands a favour for Whit Friday and this is what you get! Might as well forget this thread, seeing as you supposed top banders cannot take it seriously! Both of you can show your faces by a PM if you want! Otherwise, shut the hell up!!

5. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Having fun, Mark? You looked like you were yesterday ;)

6. Mephi

Mephi Member

Oh yeh! Love having the urine extracted! Was a good day yesterday, we always manage to have a laugh at Marsden! You looked nice and warm, well, toasted in the black jackets!

7. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Although you were making a very sensible suggestion..... I can't help but laugh at the idea of a ton of bands all with Black Dyke signs on their bus! U think it would help with the queue jumping that apparently never happens.........? ;)

8. Hells Bones

Actually, guys, Delph Whit Friday contest (Which Mephi is very heavily involved in) prides themselves in the speed of which the get bands through the contest.

What's the Record Meph? 78 bands?

I know Bob Rogers (the mastermind of Delph contest) wants to get 80 through.

Will this year be the year?

9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

nope, 79, no chav brass...

10. Hells Bones

Lol, as long as Pirate Brass and Cross-dressing Brass (Can't remember the proper name for them) are there!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Whit
    Whit Friday
    A4
    Competing Bands
    Whit Friday bands
  12. Mephi

Mephi Member

To make sure there is no confusion whatsoever - this thread was started to help all the Saddleworth contests. Yep, do have my Delph link (which I would like to say is as much use as a fart in a force ten gale - as last year's results will prove!) I'm merely a go-between for the overall organisation of this area. Tell you what, got to go, still busy developing the invisible ink to print the sign for Dyke's 'invisible coach'!
    PS - Ant, please not eighty bands - we'd be happy with eight!!

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Just wait for the RNCM's entry... :biggrin:

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

Top banders? 2nd section and proud!

I wont show my face by PM if its all the same but if you ask a few of your band to point me out on Friday then we can discuss the benefits of a sense of humour within the movement over a quiet pint. I dont much care for your confrontational approach.

15. Mephi

Mephi Member

To answer these, seeing as you seem as upset by my comments as I was by yours!
    1. Going off your playing experience - as far as I can tell your last band was Grimey!
    2. I have got a sense of humour (ask some members of my band, they'll point me out and say I have - God knows I have to have one to be me!!) but when you have been helping to prepare a Whit Friday contest on and off for nine months and then what seems like every day for the last three, it is a bit of a raw nerve you are messing with!
    3. I don't really care that you find it confrontational, when something needs saying it gets said!

16. Steve

Steve Active Member

Well if this is the attitude we can expect from the organisers then it should be a good day. If that is the way the event is heading it will be even more enjoyable than last years, I look forward to seeing Marsden on the circuit.

Ok, now you just need to take a step back and grow up a little bit. You are representing the organisers within this thread and if you cant take the response that you should expect in an internet forum, then choose a different medium by which to communicate your message.

17. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Since when have you ever had a QUIET pint?
    ;)

18. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ok, before this gets out of hand, please feel free to continue your discussion by PM and leave the thread for its intended purpose.

Thank you.
    2md, tMP Mod.

19. Mephi

Mephi Member

Ok, I am perfectly willing to put my huge handbag (perhaps it should be gigbag) away and climb down from my supposedly aggressive approach. Especially if it is upsetting my friend 2nd Man Down. Can it be appreciated though that I responded to instant sarcasm to a positive and helpful thread!! I don't mind being ribbed, to my face is better though, god knows I get enough of it at band! Perhaps I was just pre-empting the 'Black Dyke cheated here and there all night' discussions and the fiddling rumours that will abound after the day itself!

I'm very sorry for being over the top on this subject, but it is something I'm very passionate about. Also, I do not want to feel that I have misrepresented any of the contests, so please forgive my aggressive stance on this matter!

20. Oodle Bugler

Oodle Bugler Member

Does anyone know if there'll be an ice cream van at Diggle?...

21. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Hope everything goes excellantly well for Whit Friday. Good luck to everyone taking part, including the organiosers and a pity | wont be there.

I see that brass banders from Facebook are entering this year.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Whit
    Whit Friday
    A4
    Competing Bands
    Whit Friday bands