Whit Friday Thanks

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by mikelyons, Jun 15, 2014.

1. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I would just like to publicly thank the good people at Denton for their help with feeding and watering me again this year.

Congratulations to all the bands that took part. After the top 3 (Fodens, Roberts' Bakery and Ashton) there really was only a cigarette paper of difference between the next 15 bands. It was extremely difficult to sort you all out, but that's the job I'm paid to do. Hope to see you all next year.

44 bands this year, that's the highest I've had to deal with and we were turning them away at the gates after 11:15. We were lucky, again, with the weather and it was a really pleasant and enjoyable evening. Thanks again to you all.
  2. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Let me be the first to say I didn't agree with the result. I wasn't there and didn't hear any of the bands, but feel you got it wrong. I'd also like to take this opportunity to say you are deaf/old/incompetent and perhaps even on the payroll of at least half of the bands. I also notice you probably live within 100 miles of each of the top 3 and therefore have an obvious conflict of interests - can you honestly say you have never listened to or been in the band rooms of any of the competing bands? I didn't like the test-piece either, and thought the changing facilities were non-existent. Bah Humbug. Don't even start me on the stewards.
  3. mikelyons

(Yawn!) You are losing your touch hobgoblin. Didn't even raise a tiny smile.
  4. kriseuph

kriseuph Member

Thanks for the 2nd place! Really well run night everyone involved should be really proud of them self.

It was the first time ifton colliery have taken part and we'll be back next year !!
  5. mikelyons

That is good to hear. Well done on your result!