Whit Friday Stalybridge Venues

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by essexgirl, May 10, 2013.

1. essexgirl

essexgirl Member

Which is better Stalybridge Labour or Celtic ?- planning our route..... thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Celtic
    Whit Friday Stalybridge Venues
    Stalybridge Labour
    route
    thanks
  3. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

Do them both they are only about half a mile apart..
    Both are good venues and normally have a good crowd listening,,

4. essexgirl

essexgirl Member

do you do a street match at both? not sure we'll have time to do both en route to Denton!

5. Big Fella

Big Fella Member

As far as I know YES..
    If you only want to do one, then do the Labour Club as you can drive past if very busy..
    Its a tad more awkward to drive off if you pull into Staly Celtic and there are a load waiting..

6. tat

tat Member

I think the march is optional at celtic, Labour can also hide a number of coaches round the back. Last year we asked the man in charge where the coaches turn and he said there were three bands, when we turned in and got boxed up in it there was actually seven

7. bezz75

bezz75 New Member

The march at Stalybridge Celtic has been optional the last three years we've been! Think the best option with both is to get your runner to check how many coaches are there as oppose asking the booking in people. Both are a nightmare for your coach to get out of once you have turned in!

8. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

March is optional at Celtic, and last time I played at the Labour Club there was no-one waiting so we went straight onto the stand without marching up. If you have to march there it's only about 100 yards in any case. I'd agree that you should get someone to run in and check the parked coaches before you turn into either of them though. Don't ask the organisers as they know you will drive off if they tell you there's a queue of nine bands!

9. tony winterbottom

tony winterbottom New Member

Some good prize money at the Labour Club this year plus the euphonium prize is £100 and is sponsored by Jeff Lewis from Go Go Gaggia.

10. tony winterbottom

tony winterbottom New Member

Sorry the prize is £20 , my error!