Whit Friday rules

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by IJK, May 20, 2010.

1. IJK

IJK Member

Hi all

Just a question have looked very quickly on web but cant find any but what are the rules for the number of players for around the stand on the contest march?

For the first year ever we have more players than 25 around the stand so just want to know what the rules are can anyone help?

2. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

As many as you like can march, only standard band (25, no percussion) for the contest.

3. IJK

IJK Member

Cheers I did think that but thought would just double check

4. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

saying that a few years ago when we were out with tmp we did spell each other throughout the night. At the last venue just to round the night off we decided to let everyone play on the stand fully expecting to be disqualified. We weren't when the results came out we were on the list

5. backrow

backrow New Member

Just to confuse, the individual contests have different rules and then some organisers cannot count, so count your band on and off yourself.

6. Mephi

Mephi Member

The 25 for standard contest bands is pretty much set in stone throughout all our contests as it has been the case for over a century. When the youth bands came in a while ago there were a variety of rulings between the contests over numbers on stand. 25 is what should really be stuck to but youth bands need to check at each individual contest as it could vary from 30ish to 50ish.

7. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

This is true...... however,

would it not be an easier option to make all rules for youth bands the same for all contests. I appreciate that youth bands have more players so why not say that every contest in Saddleworth/Tameside will allow 35 players for youth bands and 25 players for bands within the 4th - championship section.

I know Dobcross Youth Band have written many times to the organisers of the contests often without any reply at all. Surely this would make complete sense so everywhere is the same without having to tell members of the band that they can't play at certain contests?

Nothing like making life harder than it needs to be is there! :confused:

James Garlick