Whit Friday morning - where to watch

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Beesa, May 25, 2010.

1. Beesa

Beesa Member

We'll be in the area all day on Friday, I'm happy about the evening band contest as I've been before but wondered if there were any suggestions on where to see the morning events and at what time and which bands are playing where?
  2. David Mann

David Mann Member

Uppermill, basically. Various church parades, each with band, march toward the centre of Uppermill, arriving in time for the service at ?1100. After the service they all march back. Parades start around 9, service finishes ?1140. Parking very restricted and some roads closed, count on parking a fair way out and walking / bussing in.
  3. liteman

liteman New Member

Top Mossley also.
  4. j.e.collins

j.e.collins New Member

Whit Friday morning help

Hi Beesa,

If you want to experience the morning events for real you are more then welcome to play with us (Oldham Band) we are leading the parade from St Chads church in Uppermill starting approximately 8:45am. We would more than welcome you on any instrument.

John Collins MD Oldham Band (Lees)
  5. Or a band with real tradition. Starting in Dobcross at 8.45.

Grenville Moore MD Dobcross Silver Band (Dobcross)
  6. Beesa

Beesa Member

John and Grenville, many thanks for the invites. They mean a lot to me.

(oh, and I have just read "That the Medals and the Baton be put on view", Grenville!)

I can't play this year but would love to another time.
  7. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Fulham band (from London) are putting out 35 players for St Georges on Friday morning at Mossley this year - should be fun! Simon
  8. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

Anyone need an EEb bass (or BBb if pushed) for Whit Friday morning.
    I'm meeting Boobs & Brass in Denton at 2:00 pm but will be available all morning.
  9. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Fulham Brass Band could do with an extra Eb bass to balance out a mass of cornets :) call me on 07796530718 if you fancy it?

10. j.e.collins

j.e.collins New Member

Oldham band would be more than pleased to see you at St Chad's church in Uppermill on Whit Friday morning, we are meeting at 8:45am, if you fancy it give me a ring on 07801540173.

John Collins MD Oldham Band (Lees)
    Last edited: May 26, 2010