Whit Friday Marches

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by sparkling_quavers, Apr 12, 2003.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Who is going to be playing at the Whit Friday Marches?

We are getting a scratch band together. If you are not currently going but fancy tagging along you will be made very welcome. We have a coach going from Sheffield. PM me or reply to this thread if you would like any more info. :D :D 8)

2. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Whit friday

See you along the route, save me a beer at Delph :guiness
  3. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I'd certainly be interested if you can let me have some details as soon as possible
  4. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

If I can remember when it is I'm interested!

PM me with the details pls!

Rach x
  5. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I live in Sheffield so it sounds very tempting. :)
    let me know more details please

Hilary Mateer

EEb Bass
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'll meet up with you guys anyways ........ but I'll try and play ...........

depends where we're playing ....... :S:S:S

Ben ;)
  7. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

8. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

i'll be up for it! any ideas on marches?
  9. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Well it looks good for us going. Though we may end up with the smallest band! (we're short about 10 player at the moment) so if anyone in the London area fancies going let me know (send me a pm and I'll let you know the details).
  10. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Sadly my band is going so wont be able to play with you guys. But it should be a good day.
  11. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

I think we're going anyway so can't help out, but I hope a few tMP'ers will make themselves known. There are at least 3 of us in the band...yorkie19, impycornet and myself. I'm difficult to miss....being about a foot taller than everyone else on the back row. It's always a good day out, so we'll look forward to sharing a beer or two with the tMP crowd.
  12. sparkling_quavers

well i am definately going to be up for a few drinks! It should be a good day...

I know that myself, Raspberry, Timbloke, Pythagorus and probably GeordieColin will be going along with us and we have had some interest from other tMP members so maybe it might turn out to be a half tMP.com Band!
  13. sparkling_quavers

We will be rehearsing Thursday 12th June (the day before Marches). The coach leaves at 3pm Friday 13th. Uniform is Black Trousers and Black Jacket with your own Band tie. A can of beer needed for the raffle on the coach and lots of enthusiasm for a great day.

We will still welcome other players!

Some accomodation can be found with Band members.

If you are interested and haven't yet contacted me then either PM me or email xrayx19@hotmail.com.
  14. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

What players are we short of? I might be able to russle up a few more people
  15. sparkling_quavers

Hey Michelle welcome aboard!

Don't worry if I haven't phoned you yet....I am just collecting numbers and then will be phoning around everyone to confirm etc. I will be in touch ASAP (hopefully by next week)

It's early days yet and I don't fore-see us having probs filling the places.

We are looking for a Tenor Trom, Solo Euph, Sop and a BBb Bass currently.

Anyone else interested contact me.
  16. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I've heard that the band's taking shape. which is nice!
    if anyone needs a floor to sleep on on thurs/fri night let me know. (be warned, its a student house!!)
  17. sparkling_quavers

It certainly is! Have filled the euph and trom spot ! (now just looking for 1 bari, sop and BBb Bass)

u still in that house in Crookes?? That is ok! Have put my name on the list for Ju's so you probably won't have the pleausre of my company Colin!
  18. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Am looking forward to Whit Friday. Whats the band going to be called sparkling quavers? :?:

How about Sparkling Brass or Beer n Brass Band?

Any suggestions?
  19. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

How about.... the tMP.com band ... ? :D
  20. Di B

Di B Member

Not sure if Matlock are going along but if not I'll come along on euph! :lol:

To be honest, half the band went down last year to help a local band and although it has been talked about I don't think anything has been done as yet.

Will not know until Sunday now though but if you want to send me a contact number I'll let you know?

Also if Matlock aren't going, then some of their players may also be interested in tagging along?