WHIT FRIDAY MARCHES

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Steve, May 17, 2004.

1. Steve

Steve Active Member

OK, whos going and where are they staying. As we (Raunds) are travelling a fair distance we have some form of accomodation booked but, not suprisingly I cant remember where. As other bands are doing the same I guess this is the perfect opportunity for an impromptu tMp social (or several smaller ones) before we all retire to our beds. If your not going with a band, where are you likely to spend the day?

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Steve

You're a little way behind I'm afraid...;) we have already got a tMP band competing at the Whits - coaches, meals, music, band positions, MD...it's all sorted.

You're welcome to come along - have a search for the announcement on tMP somewhere. Rachel has done a sterling job in managing this for tMP, she'll be along soon and can drop you the details.

J

3. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Hi steve. If you and J and that weird lot are havin a night out in manchester, give me a call... just make sure J isn't wearing his good shirt again... :wink:

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Hi Steve we do indeed have a tMP Band at the Whits. We shall be sticking to the main saddleworth area and have a buffet etc booked for the end of the evening at a local pub. There also are a number of tMPers that will be around on the Saturday so if anyone fancies a social on the Sat too drop me a line :twisted:

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Thats what i meant, as well as the tMp band I was wondering where all the others that are playing with their own bands are due to pass out over the weekend. Sorry for any confusion everybody :oops:

6. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

We're going (Bakewell silver plus Darley Dale and Shirebrook :p ) but because of the distance not being too great, we're going back home after our last place. We usually end up home at about 3 so it's not too bad. We are however leaving early afternoon and so we don't loose out on any valuble 'playing time' :D .
    Our route planner (Colin, our solo trom :roll: hehe) has got all his maps and stuff so i'll let some people know our proposed route. Hopefully we'll bump into tMP band!! :D

7. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I being part of the Shirebrook contingent :D :D :D

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I'm going with BBS. Unfortunately everyone appears to be taking it all a bit seriously for my liking... words like "lower section" and "prizes" and "which villages" keep popping up :shock: :( Hopefully will be able to consume a couple of sly ones at some point.

9. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

We'll watch out for you with the BBS Colin and certainly the sly pints! :wink: