whit friday marches

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by luke, Feb 23, 2005.

1. luke

luke New Member

With whit friday just around the corner i was wondering what everyone's favourite march is and what will your band be playing ???

2. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

When's Whit Friday?

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

20th May

4. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

you're welcome.

[font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]2003[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]13th June[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]2007[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]1st June[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]4th June[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]2008[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]16th May[/font]
    [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]2005[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]20th May[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]2009[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]5th [/font][font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]June[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]
    [/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]9th June[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]2010[/font] [font=comic sans ms, Arial, Helvetica]28th May[/font]

6. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Blimey Whit Friday already....we have got the area , grand shield , a tour to norway, a radio broadcast , 5 concerts before then...
    If we were going to Whit Friday I think it would be Army of the Nile and Brilliant or The President.

7. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

We played The Cossack last year which is prob one of my faves. But Ravenswood has got to be the supreme champ of marches!!

8. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

We'll be doing Mephi(stopheles) again....and again.......and again.....and.......

9. Bazza

Bazza Member

Honest Toil and Knight Templer are my favourites.

We played Underhill House last year, never heard of it before that, very hard especially after the 6th or 7th time!! Crazysop will definately back me up on that one!!

10. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Sorry Bazza but I HATE Knight Templar! Overplayed it on Whit Friday for many years...it's full of horrid horrid horrid top A's for the front row.

My vote would be for either Ravenswood, ORB, Mephi, The President or something similar. Underhill House was a cracker I seem to remember....soz Lou!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    whit friday marches
    favourite march
    band
    corner
  12. awww.. i don't have a band to play with for whit friday and i love it :(
    gutted!!

Maybe if i sweet talk Emley real nice or ICCBB :)
    *sob*

13. we have played O,R,B for the last few years duno what were gona play, i like the wizerd best march going in my opinion.

14. Di

Di Active Member

BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC BOC
    :rolleyes::biggrin:

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

will tmp be putting out a band playing The Mouthpiece? And the oh-so-traditional-and-never-to-be-abandoned Slaidburn? Might see if I can make it again...

16. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

The tMP Band will be there and will definitely be playing our new march 'The MouthPiece' by Darrol Barry. In fact Darrol will be 'on the circuit' and hopefully be conducting one of the performances. As for Slaidburn, we'll have to wait and see!

;)

17. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

We've got to play Slaidburn on the march. It's the one piece everyone can play no matter how drunk they get

18. Bazza

Bazza Member

Its a classic!!!! I will never tire of it! I've never played it on Whit Friday yet I dont think?!! I love all four you've said aswell though! You cant beat a good march, first one I ever played was Army of the Nile, also my dads favourite march!
    I did forget to mention The Wizard, now that is a brilliant march!
    Theres just so many to choose from!

19. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

I'm abdicating if we play underhill house again :( i threatened it last year and i mean it this year, I'd rather lug the bass drum around!. I like the contestor, might be something to do with the fact i can play it far better than i can bluff badly through underhill flaming house :hammer . Ravenswood is cool 2.

20. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

An Idea just sprung into my head - I'll play the triangle or some other random percussion which happens to be tacet on the stand on whit friday and the sterling sop can play the underhill house sop part coz its totally faberoony fab (NOT)!!!!!

I HATE UNDERHILL HOUSE!!!!!!

Someone please talk Carl into something else, anything else pleeeeeeese! :biggrin:

Moan over!

21. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Slaidburn it is then!

;)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    whit friday marches
    favourite march
    band
    corner