Whit Friday - Droylsden?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sopranoplayer, Aug 7, 2009.

1. sopranoplayer

sopranoplayer Member

Has anyone received their prize money yet from Droylsden, Whit Friday contest venue 2009?

We haven't :-?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Droylsden
    Whit
    Whit Friday - Droylsden
    Whit Friday contest venue
    prize money
  3. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

who is responsible. Is it the venue which was a pub or trhe Council.
    The landlord said that they were waiting for the money from the council and that they had just come back from holiday and the council will not respond.
    Bands attend, pay the entrance fee plus transport costs, win an award and then the payment is not received. It leaves a nasty taste in your mouth and makes you consider which venues to attend in 2010, It makes one wonder if other venues are the same in not paying or is it just this one at Droylsden?

4. Roycoater

Roycoater New Member

My old band won a prize at Droylsden in 2008, they still have not got the money !! Due to this they didn't play there again this year.

No money came even after someone going down to the pub and asking for it. If they have done the same again this year maybe they should have a total boycott in 2010 ??

5. Columbo

Columbo Member

OOOOOH ! Roy, controversial!! I do remember you tellin' me about that! Bad Form in my opinion!

6. Mrs Horn

Mrs Horn Member

I'm all for a boycott next year but surely if this was the situation last year, then Droylesden shouldn't have been allowed to host it this year????

Yep, we haven't received our prize month either :rolleyes:

E Flat Fred, the other venues have paid up straight away :wink:

7. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

I think that the organisers of he Whit Friday marches should be informed and Droyledsden should not be allowed to participate from now on unless previous winnings have been paid in full and the present years winnings are deposited in advance with the organisers of the event

8. Roycoater

Roycoater New Member

I agree with you Fred. If someone puts on a Whit Friday contest it is for two reasons -- first to make money second because people love the band contests. Should be simple in my opinion -- no pay no play. Who is going to write to Tameside Council ?

9. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Theres also a little issue of that if the money has not been paid out to prize winners, and it has gone from the council / sponsors to the organiser for that precise purpose, then thats not a matter for the Tameside council /NWBBA, its an investigation for the police.

10. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

I agree with all that has been written on this thread.
    We have a band rehersal on Monday night. We will have a committee meeting at the end of the rehersal and I will put all these replies forward to them and let them make the decision as to what to do. next I will reply on this thread AFTER the committee meeting.

11. Mrs Horn

Mrs Horn Member

I've spoken to Tameside MBC today who have advised that as far as they were aware, although there was a hiccup with payments last year, all bands had been paid their prize money for 2008.

I was given the mobile number for the organiser who has said that he has only just received the cheque from Tameside MBC and that our cheque would be in the post within the week.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Droylsden
    Whit
    Whit Friday - Droylsden
    Whit Friday contest venue
    prize money
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

it's clearly royal mail's fault then :)

14. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

We had a committee meeting tonight after rehearsal and it was resolved that we write two letters, one to Tameside and the other to the Venue with copies of each letter to both parties.
    I will keep the web site informed as to any reaction we receive.

15. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Can anyone confirm whether this was sorted out as this years contest is looming?

16. E flat fred

E flat fred Member

We got ours last year in full.
    Darwen Brass