Whit Friday Contest March Percussion

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davidsait, May 25, 2004.

1. davidsait

davidsait Member

Can anyone explain why percussion is not allowed to play the contest march at Whit Friday?

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Dunno- although I do honestly *cough!* think it is ashame, it means us percists can pay a visit to the bar

3. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Is it really a "rule", or just a tradition ?

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

yup its a rule...
    good job we have 6 percussionists so they can carry all the pints back from the bar!
  5. davidsait

davidsait Member

That is a very good point, the percussionist can indeed get the beers in whilst we do the necessary, but anyone know why the rule exists at all?
  6. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

lol if only i was old enough to *cough* get served! :lol:

dunno why the rules there but it is and its great if your a percussionist
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

No comment, Sarah!
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I suspect as much as anything it is left over from the days when percussion was not allowed at any contests, and they may well have decided that the percussion could cover up all the sloppy playing from the bass section :shock: :oops: :wink:
  9. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

haha lmao. :D
  10. ukdrummerboy

ukdrummerboy Member

I think (and i emphasise the "think" bit!) that your only allowed 25 players, hence percussion pushing it over the limit! Could be wrong tho...just what I was once told. :roll:
  11. davidsait

davidsait Member

It's true, you are limited to 25 in the ring, but thats not really the point....

TIMBONE Active Member

On a serious note, I think Peter has more or less answered the original question, although I have to add that it is not just the bass section :lol: