Whit Friday accommodation

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lisa, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Lisa

Lisa Member

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any hotels for a band for Whit Friday weekend? Where do other bands stay?
    Also, how quickly do places get booked up? Is now too early to book somewhere:?:
  2. skweeky

skweeky Member

personally ive never heard of anyone staying over for it its just a case of turn up with a coach on the whit friday and cart your band to different loacations that day to play in different contest venues. I didnt know people make a stay overnight....
  3. Lisa

Lisa Member

We kinda want to stay overnight as we're traveling a long way - from Dorset
  4. skweeky

skweeky Member

aah well, the best bet is to wait till nearer the time, i dont think there are any worries about hotels being booked up there are hundreds of them, and the bonus is the area in which the contests are within is massive, loads of different towns so you can start off in any of the towns/villiages, accommodation should be an easy task, no need to worry ;-)
  5. Lisa

Lisa Member

sounds good! Maybe I am worrying a bit too soon! :)
  6. JooBoo

JooBoo New Member

Don't want to worry you, but most of the Hotels/B+B's in Saddleworth are usually booked up the year before. I'd get on to it now, if you want a full band to stay. I had real problems trying to find somewhere for family last year.
  7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

if you want to stay in saddleworth.......then you might be lucky enough to get something!! but since you will need a coach anyway then there isn't really a problem travelling from the surrounding areas (eg. manchester) where there will be plenty of big hotels for you to choose from. Many of the tMP band stayed in the Tulip Hotel at the Trafford Centre. We booked that about a month before with no problems.
  8. st keverne band from cornwall came up to saddleworth for the weekend in 2003. They did the contests and then went to watch the beer walk the day after in delph... they made a weekend of it and had a real good time from what I remember. They did a joint concert with our band and had a great weekend, perhaps u could maybe do the same? Look into doing a joint concert with a local band? Anyways, they stayed in The Pennine Way Hotel, Oldham... if that helps! :-D
  9. Ali

Ali Member

My mum and dad run a B&B in Dobcross. We are ALWAYS booked a year in advance. You will find that its the case in most of the other villages as well. Its the most popular event of the year and people flock from hundreds of miles (in some cases) to soak it all up. The best advice I can give to you (if you are a band and are looking for somewhere to stay) is to contact Phil Beck of Champion Brass on 01457 872459, but act quickly as the hotels will start taking bookings around now if not already.
  10. Lisa

Lisa Member

That sounds like a really fantastic idea! :D If there are any bands who would be interested in doing this please let me know! (obviously I need to suggest the idea to our band first :rolleyes: - but it sounds great!)
  11. The number that alan gave you up there is a good one to try... Phil Beck organises concerts regularly and Im sure he would be a great help in setting up a concert with a local band :-D