Whit Friday 2010 Photos

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Fishsta, May 30, 2010.

1. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Well, I got around a little bit. So here's some pics. These are links to low-res versions (800x600), I have them all available in 3264x2448, which I will link to as an album later on. In the meantime, if there's any you want, I'm happy to email them (NOT in bulk though, wait for the link).

Lees-Springhead first of all, just in time to hear Boobs & Brass and Delph Band.
    1 2 3 4 5 6

And then on to Friezland, home of the wonderful Barbecued Chicken Kebabs.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

After Friezland, I attempted to do what I did last year, roll up the riot shield and ride through Uppermill to Dobcross. Instead, we got redirected past a golf course on one of many winding lanes, not really knowing if my Sat Nav would cope with trying to find a way out, however, I stumbled on a glorious view, and, after parking the car carefully and climbing on the roof took the following images. The first one at normal zoom. Note that dead centre of the picture, there is a contest going on (and I could hear it all the way up here, it really was a fantastic vantage point). I zoomed in a bit for the last two pics.
    1 2 3

Onto Dobcross, which is one of the most wonderful stages to play on and listen at. Although I do worry about the man that looks like he's about to kill everybody in picture 4.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

And finally Delph. Light fading fast, my camera becomes less effective even with the high sensitivity mode, however the chance to chat to a few from Disney Brass provided one very nice final photo oppurtunity. I have videos of them marching up and playing at Friezland, which I'll get converted to DIVX sometime soon and share with you all.
    1 2 3

2. Frontman

Frontman Member

The contest in the 2nd picture is Greenfield the red door is the back of the King William Pub.

3. Frontman

Frontman Member

Some excellent pictures there Ian.

4. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Thanks, Frontman.

Link to the high quality photos archive:

Clicky

5. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Quite agree with you David, some good photos there, pity he did not get any of Boarshurst marching up with your NEW march "Greenbridge".

KSJ

6. SaddLad

SaddLad New Member

Actually all 3 pics are of Uppermill at various degrees of zoom - the "red door" is actually a window of the local opticians! ;)

7. Frontman

Frontman Member

Yes after looking closer it does look like Uppermill from the other side of the park. The Hare and Hounds would be across the road on the right across from the optician. Is that correct Sadladd?

8. SaddLad

SaddLad New Member

Spot on

9. SaddLad

SaddLad New Member

10. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

Defo Uppermill! the 2 shops on the left hand side are TN Hair Dressers and copy right :) its the road down in to the park :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Friezland
    roof
    picture
    Disney Brass
    riot shield
  12. Mephi

Mephi Member

There are some fantastic photos from Delph Contest by James Chisholm of Studio Tristan. If you visit www.studiotristan.com you will be able to view them and purchase if you so wish. (As soon as James has done this of course!) Otherwise we will be putting some up on www.delph-whit-friday.co.uk as soon as possible.