Whit Friday 2008 Tameside Captured live

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Belle Vue Brass Manager, Mar 29, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

Just Wondered how many bands will be attending at Broadoak This year as a Live Photographer will be there taking picture of all the bands at all Angles

Any Ideas For Special Pictures will Be Welcome. These Photo Will Be Accesible on the internet after

Please Reply to This Thread With Who is attending and what pictures you want.

I.E. Basses Players at Foden's would like an Arial Shot
  2. ballyhorn

ballyhorn Member

A "live" photographer is always better than a dead one in my opinion...
  3. Photos in Style

Come on Guys Who Wants photos took at Whit Friday they can be used for band website and anything you want??

Small Marketing Who Wants a Picture????
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

So, who's this 'live' photographer then...? Care to let us see some samples...?

Sorry, but I wouldn't want an Arial shot either...:) An aeriel one maybe, but not Arial... :)
  5. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

I don't know, it'd be another load of your mind.... erm, I'll go now then... :oops:
  6. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

A band balancing on an Arial square four - nice - very "white helmets"!!
  7. Do we get pictures even if we don't manage to get to the venue?
  8. Ooops sorry My Dislyexia comes out

Live Photographer is IVOR Tomkinson used to work with WORLD OF BRASS very good and doesnt take mickey when I can Spell hahaha

To say he worked with WOB never been to Whit Friday
  9. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

surely there will be an issue with child protection and putting these pictures on the internet? i dont know the whole law with this but im sure some one on here will know?
  10. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

Vicky i dnt no about the law and all that but blackpool youth have a photographer and that normally goes on the internet so i dunno? Good point tho lol x
  11. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I'm not sure that there is an actual "law" against taking photographs of "public events" however MP Austin Mitchell is seeking to clarify that the taking of photographs in public should be allowed. He has tabled an Early Day Motion in parliament as follows:

Mitchell, Austin
    That this House is concerned to encourage the spread and enjoyment of photography as the most genuine and accessible people's art; deplores the apparent increase in the number of reported incidents in which the police, police community support officers (PCSOs) or wardens attempt to stop street photography and order the deletion of photographs or the confiscation of cards, cameras or film on various specious ground such as claims that some public buildings are strategic or sensitive, that children and adults can only be photographed with their written permission, that photographs of police and PCSOs are illegal, or that photographs may be used by terrorists; points out that photography in public places and streets is not only enjoyable but perfectly legal; regrets all such efforts to stop, discourage or inhibit amateur photographers taking pictures in public places, many of which are in any case festooned with closed circuit television cameras; and urges the Home Office and the Association of Chief Police Officers to agree on a photography code for the information of officers on the ground, setting out the public's right to photograph public places thus allowing photographers to enjoy their hobby without officious interference or unjustified suspicion.

Does anyone really object to people taking photographs of their band? What difference does it make if you have children playing in the band(i.e under 18 years old)? Does anyone have a CPP that specifically excludes the taking of photographs of younger band members?
  12. flugtastic

flugtastic Member

i no that one band local to me have a policy where they have to gain the permission of parents before pictures of under 18s are publised on the internet. it has even resulted of having full band photos with the players who havent got their parents permission being blurred.
    like i said i dont know the law but with all the talk of internet pedophiles and terrorists etc i personally would like to be asked if it was ok to take our photographs before just being snapped.
  13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... there is no law that prohibits photographers taking any shots in public places, of anything they want to take photographs of - so long as they do so in accordance with the law i.e they don't cross police barriers or restricted areas etc.

To quote from the Association of Chief Police Officers' Guidelines... "Members of the media have a duty to take photographs and to film incidents and we have no legal power or moral responsibility to prevent or restrict what they record".

If a photographer is asked to remove or delete shots by a police officer, this can be considered assault.
  14. Bassbabe

Bassbabe New Member

As a school teacher I know that parents can refuse to have their children's photographs taken whether to go in the newspaper or on the web. There are many reasons for not wanting too much information about their children being available on the web and we should respect the parents wishes. They have their reasons and we do not know what their circumstances are.

I have been on a number of band websites where the pictures of youngsters are not on the site and they have made it obvious that that is the parents wishes.

I also know that in sporting organizations you have to make sure you have the permission of the other team before you take photographs and if one person says no then you are not allowed to take any photographs. Often anyone who takes their camera has to register it so that if any unwanted photographs do appear they know who to contact to find out where they came from.

It is a very confusing area but it is better to be safe than sorry.