Which Uni are you going to....?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by RamasII, Aug 20, 2009.

1. RamasII

RamasII Member

Hi all,

I thought this might be a good idea for people now having got their results and hopefully the places they want...they could post on here where they are going and then bands might be able to offer playing for them while they study.....

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Uni
    people
    results
    bands
    good idea
  3. samandy

samandy Member

Hi

Any students moving up to Huddersfield University would be most welcome at Elland Band. We are approx 6 miles from Huddersfield Town Centre and could arrange transport from the Uni if required.

Rehearsals are Monday and Thursday evening at 8.00pm.

Just drop me a pm or ring me on 07940 525837.

Thanks

4. RamasII

RamasII Member

Yes, I meant for student to write in but i suppose it could work the other way....

Any students moving up to Oxford would be most welcome at any of the Wantage Bands. We are based approx 10 miles from Oxford Town Centre and transport from the Uni/College can be arranged if required.

Rehearsals are;

Friday (8-10) and Sunday(7-9) A Band (champ section)
    Tuesday and Friday 7.30 - 9.30pm B Band (3rd Section, newly promoted)
    Monday and Thursday 7.30 - 9.00 pm C Band (non contesting)

Just drop me a pm or for rehearsal times and locations
    and enquiries call Eileen 01235 767541

http://www.wantageband.org

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  5. WhiteStickMan

WhiteStickMan New Member

Students coming to Stafford/Stoke/Keele would be welcome at Trentham Brass.
    5 mins from jct 15 M6. Friday 8-10 and Sunday 6.15 - 8.15.

Contact Mike on 07730944019:tup

6. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Any Brass or Percussion players heading to the University of York will be more than welcome to come down to the brand new University of York Brass Band.

We will be rehearsing in the Music Department on Friday evenings during term time and all levels of player are welcome.

For any more information either pm me, or email me here.

Darryl

7. tom_leather

tom_leather New Member

All brass or percussion players studying or living in Edinburgh are more than welcome to the Edinburgh Uni Brass Band - http://eubb.eusa.ed.ac.uk

Rehearsals on Fridays from 7 - 9.15pm, beginning 25th September. We're very friendly with a busy social side and plenty of other opportunities...please get in touch!

8. Columbo

Columbo Member

Uni of Life mate....... Uni of Life.

9. wilearl

wilearl Member

If anybody is going to NEWCASTLE UNI or NORTHUMBRIA UNI and fancies a band come down to the Felling Band based literally 10 mins away from Newcastle city centre. Send me an email if interested will_earl@hotmail.com

10. westoe_horn

westoe_horn Member

Anyone going to Newcastle, Northumbria or Sunderland will be made welcome at Westoe Band. We rehearse Tuesdays and Sundays in Jarrow, just 2 walk minutes from the nearest Metro station.
    Visit http://www.westoeband.co.uk/ or PM if interested

11. RacMac

RacMac New Member

if anyone is going to university in Glasgow or Paisley, you would be made very welcome at Barrhead Band. Lifts available! Contact Anne Brash on 07821373520 or anniebee7@hotmail.co.uk

Cheers!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Uni
    people
    results
    bands
    good idea
  13. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Anyone coming to central London then fulham brass band is the most central (non college) band. We are next to parsons green tube station (wimbledon branch of district line). Good standard, young and lively sociable band. Good attendance, motivated and ambitious. Check us at www.fulhambrassband.co.uk

14. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Hi All!!

I thought it might be an appropriate time of year to resurrect this thread! :D

Any Brass or Percussion players heading to the University of York will be more than welcome to come down to the University of York Brass Band.

We will be rehearsing in the Music Department at 7pm on Sunday evenings during term time and all levels of player are welcome.

For any more information either pm me, or email me here.

Regards,

Darryl

15. wilearl

wilearl Member

Likewise! If anybody is going to NEWCASTLE UNI or NORTHUMBRIA UNI and fancies a band come down to the Felling Band based literally 10 mins away from Newcastle city centre. Send me an email if interested will_earl@hotmail.com

16. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

I forgot to mention that any Students at York St. John University will also be made more than welcome if they wish to make the journey up the "hill" from the City Centre to Heslington. :biggrin:

Regards,

Darryl

17. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Anyone going to Sunderland, Durham, Newcastle or Northumbria would be made welcome at Murton Colliery.

We rehearse Monday and Wednesday nights at Murton's Glebe Centre. If anyone is interested please send me a pm

18. RamasII

RamasII Member

Uni 2010

Hi all,

Any students moving to Oxford/Swindon/Reading/Bath areas would be most welcome at any of the Wantage Bands. We are based approx 10 miles from Oxford Town Centre and transport can be arranged if required.

Rehearsals are;

Friday (8-10) and Sunday (7-9) A Band (Champ section)
    Tuesday and Friday 7.30 - 9.30pm B Band (3rd Section, newly promoted)
    Monday and Thursday 7.30 - 9.00 pm C Band (non contesting)

Just drop me a pm or for rehearasl locations
    and for enquiries call Eileen Sykes on 01235 767541

http://www.wantageband.org

Thanks

19. cornet_babe

cornet_babe Member

Hiya! I'm heading off to Salford in Sept and looking for somewhere to have a blow? :)

20. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

Ohh, me too! Exciting :D

Studying music?

21. Kjata

Kjata Member

RNCM, studying cornet! Less than a month to go! :clap: :clap:

22. cornet_babe

cornet_babe Member

Yep! Oooh I'm excited now!! Are you on facebook? Would be nice to chat :) xx