Which tMPer would you trust to............

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by dyl, Jan 6, 2006.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

Which tMPer would you trust to do the following for you:

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception
    2. Look after your pet
    3. Park your car
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election
    6. Fill your Ipod
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year
    8. Buy you a holiday
    9. Set you up on a date
    10. Cook you a meal

This is intended as a bit of fun, please no personal insults! ;)

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'll set us off then:

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception - 2nd man down & Dave Payn - imagine that double act!
    2. Look after your pet - Whatsharp? - caretaker of the evil animal emporium!
    3. Park your car - our resident ex-cop Rapier
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country - theMusicMan - if he can keep tMP going on very limited funds, then he's fine by me!
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election - Gaz Wynne - Cymru rydd eh Gaz?
    6. Fill your Ipod - brassneck - seems to have loads of music at his disposal!
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year - anyone apart from super_sop!
    8. Buy you a holiday - whoever wins the competition for richest tMPer!
    9. Set you up on a date - don't need one - I'm married!
    10. Cook you a meal - whoever will be the first tMPer to register from China! I love Chinese food!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  3. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception: You all have too much dirt on me....none of you!
    2. Look after your pet: Cornetgirl - she does look after the hedgehig as it is!
    3. Park your car: Woodenflugel (ian) he sometimes has a picture of a car as his msn thing so he must like them and so repsetc them!
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country: Backrowbloke - he always seem busy working and stuff - that'll do me
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election: Will the sec - he likes instructions so he'd have to follow mine and put the tick in the correct box!
    6. Fill your Ipod: Lisa - she always has bizarre and ecletic music on her msn
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year: 2md has helped me decided on outfits before so we can have a go!
    8. Buy you a holiday: BruceG - he seems well travelled
    9. Set you up on a date: Well I would put BMB, but I registered before and I don't even think she found me a match...
    10. Cook you a meal: Miss Quavers herself I think

4. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Too right Dyl :icon_biggrin:

5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception - IF I get married errrm none :icon_rolleyes: :icon_razz:
    2. Look after your pet - Whatsharp cause he likes animals :)
    3. Park your car - Dont have one :icon_mad:
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country - Mr Musicman
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election - Ya what? Anyone who knows what one is? Miiiike???
    6. Fill your Ipod - Not Will the Sec cause he would probably smash it or something :p
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year - Not Craig :eek: Dont know who, Fi maybe?
    8. Buy you a holiday - Someone rich :D Actually Jan cause I want to go to Belgium
    9. Set you up on a date - BMB
    10. Cook you a meal - hmm Brassneck? I think its him anyway.

6. HBB

HBB Active Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception - Kitten? Nah, seriously, erm, I dunno, hard to choose ('cause i'd have said Dave Payn had dyl not said it!), Cornet Girl and Sandman - would be 'class'! :)
    2. Look after your pet - WhatSharp... and he's just round the corner! Bargain!
    3. Park your car - Di, just cos I've experienced her driving, and she only does 75 tops on the motorway! - Safe! :D
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country - Roger, because his business is great!
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election - PeterBale - seems an ickle bit sensible...!
    6. Fill your Ipod - Seedhouse - amaaaaaaaaaaazing dude!
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year - again, certainly not SS himself! lol, someone with good taste, probably, i dunno, lets plump for the new trinny and susannah - Monsieur March and Mr. Interview himself - Mr. C. King
    8. Buy you a holiday - BigTwigge - she knows the highlife!
    9. Set you up on a date - BMB! The queen of blind dating!
    10. Cook you a meal - Hornikaz - her chilli at pontins was great!

7. Di

Di Active Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception : Will the Sec, always my champion. :)
    2. Look after your pet : BMB. If she can cope with badgers, I'm sure she can cope with a lil guinea pig
    3. Park your car : Anyone but Vickitorious! Could you just see it! Dodgem city!
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country : TheMusicMan
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election : Not 2nd Man Down! He'd probably pick the Monster Raving Loony Party. Would probably be Will again, he seems a trustworthy kind of fella.
    6. Fill your Ipod : Super_Sop - He has looooooooads of stuff.
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year : Super_Sop! :) His taste in skirts is excellent!
    8. Buy you a holiday : Any one of our "down under" members.
    9. Set you up on a date : Don't need one thank you.
    10. Cook you a meal : Hmm, would have to go down under again for someone to do this. A good old steak on the baaaarby! Delicious.

8. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception: Anybody - your English accents would confuse the people I know - so it wouldn't matter what you said about me anyway.
    2. Look after your pet: Whomever likes dogs more than cats (they can tell, ya know).
    3. Park your car: nobody - y'all drive on the wrong side of the road. ;)
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country: Will the Sec, for obvious reasons.
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election: Will the Sec, again - for obvious reasons.
    6. Fill your Ipod: Hmmm - tough call. but I'd say everyone... I'm always up for new tunes.
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year: Nobody under 6'-4" - must also be a Euph player.
    8. Buy you a holiday: Whomever wants to take that on - I'm cheap too. A trip across the pond and a guided tour would be good enough for me.
    9. Set you up on a date: Decide amoung yourselves - but don't tell my wife. :D
    10. Cook you a meal: Ummm - well... I've had my share of European food. Tell ya what - I'll cook for you, and you bring the pints. :guiness

9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

?? No, I am male. I don't do instructions. Oh, I like TELLING people what to do, but that's a public facade.... :rolleyes:

I do special rates for wedding speeches, and am happy to pose as an old school friend to deliver them if your best man is incapable...

:icon_biggrin:

Ermmmm.... I thang yow kindly, sir, but I am career civil servant and am thus incapable of doing anything remotely entrepreneurial. Would love to hear what the obvious reason is! :rolleyes:

No I wouldn't Yon Hee. I might insist that you buy a decent set of headphones, though....

I am chuffed that people think so highly of me.

PS Three extra votes for the Social Revolution Party(Brass Band Sector) then!

10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

:p Its OK it isnt an I pod and it has OK earphones. I think. :icon_rolleyes:

11. Will the Sec

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception

LBB

2. Look after your pet

LBB

3. Park your car

Wooden Flugel

4. Run a business while you're out of the country

Caroline Twigge. If I actually started a business, it would have to be off the wall, and so a random element would be necessary....

5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election

LBB

6. Fill your Ipod

Roger Thorne

7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year

Ruthless/Charmed/Cornetgirl

8. Buy you a holiday

Who's the kindest rich person on tMP? :rolleyes:

9. Set you up on a date

No need.......

10. Cook you a meal

merry little horn player. I think it'd be great to meet John and his family. In a relaxed non contest/concert situation, it might be possible to find out what makes the man tick.

12. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception: AndyCatt..... he knows me best. Plus I'm sure he'd be hilarious
    2. Look after your pet: Probably Fi.... it'd come back with glasses or something
    3. Park your car: Sandman..... I've heard of his "driving"
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country: Hell's Trombone..... she knows how I think
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election: HBB
    6. Fill your Ipod: Sandman
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year: Fifi- trendy lady!
    8. Buy you a holiday: HBB or Sandman
    9. Set you up on a date: HBB
    10. Cook you a meal: Rutribal- Legendary cook!

13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yay! Mentioned three times, although, I'd probably vote for the most random party, send you to the north pole and set you on a date with, ok, i'd be nice there Loz ;)

14. Lisa

Lisa Member

Aww, I feel sooo honoured to be a chosen one!:tongue:

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception: 2MD coz he's funny
    2. Look after your pet: Yonhee...not sure why but I think she'd be good at it! Maybe its her animal avatars...
    3. Park your car: Definitely esiuol (a registered but very inactive member!) because I know she can't park at all so it would be - in fact it is - hilarious to watch her try!
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country: Cornet King because he's sensible, intelligent and reliable.
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election: I really have no idea so have chosen a random person from the memberlist - monkey
    6. Fill your Ipod: Dyl as I know he has some quite good stuff in his music collection! (someone has to buy me an ipod first though - any offers? :p )
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year: Would have to be someone young and cool so either Big Twigge or Steve - having seen what Steve wore out on nye I can imagine he might choose some fun clothes!
    8. Buy you a holiday: Either Steve or jan_h as I have a vague idea that they have both been travelling and would therefore choose somewhere nice and slightly unusual!
    9. Set you up on a date: Big Phat Bass Boy because he is getting married so must know something about romance!
    10. Cook you a meal: Definitely Sparkling Quavers as it seems that she is a good cook, and I have a vague idea that she is good at curries, and I like curry:)

15. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

After yesterday, you better be nice :)

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

*****loveslottie4eva! :D:D... I'd set you up with someone that you already love!! :D

17. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

:p Why thank you...I'm honoured! The truth is revealed at last.;)

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception- Have to be Dave Payn or 2nd Man down, simply because it would be full of appalling, groan worthy gags.:p
    2. Look after your pet - I don't own one but if i did...Bigmamabadger probably.
    3. Park your car - hmmm, Peter Bale seems like a sensible fellow so i'd entrust it to him.
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country- The Music Man, if he can manage tMP he can manage anything.
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election - Big Twigge, i normally dont know who to vote for, so her random vote would be fine.
    6. Fill your Ipod - Havent a clue, I'm sure Lisa is gemmed up on her music so i say her.
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year - Big Twigge again...the short skirt and crop top worked at the interview...;)
    8. Buy you a holiday - Any one of the Australian contingent on tMP, cause then they can show me round Oz.
    9. Set you up on a date - Not cornetgirl who has failed miserably...;) I can tell you who i'd like to be set on a date with, but that would be telling.
    10. Cook you a meal- Beaker, after his last Chilli, i reckon i could manage some more of his home cooked grub!

:p

18. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception - super_sop & crazycoleman- Craig could give me away & Jenny be chief bridesmaid !! Or maybe Craig could be bridesmaid, he could have a lovely dress & he already has his own tiara!!

2. Look after your pet - Dinie - tmp Mumsie to every living creature

3. Park your car - def not Will the Sec!!

4. Run a business while you're out of the country - The Music Man

5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election - Peter Bale - talks alot of sense

6. Fill your Ipod - WoodenFlugel as he's got fab taste in music & also very varied

7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year - hmmmm - not super_sop - sorry Craigy. Prob a joint effort by Big Twigge & twigglet

8. Buy you a holiday - if every registered member of tmp chipped in £1, I think I could go somewhere pretty decent - just £1 each.... come on everyone :icon_cheesygrin:

9. Set you up on a date - don't need one thanks

10. Cook you a meal - Sparkling Quavers - her reputation is pretty good - or 2nd man down - I'd imagine he's a good chef :wink: [/quote]

19. Will the Sec

I was not attempting to park. I was inspecting the side of a mountain just outside Betws y Coed. My car slipped on the road. :mad:

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

;)Which tMPer would you trust to do the following for you:

1. Perform a speech at your wedding reception - Dave Payn, or the legend that is Steve March as your never quite sure what hes going to say....
    2. Look after your pet - Supersop has a couple of cats, so assuming my pet isn't a small rodent or a big dog then I would go with him.
    3. Park your car - this is tricky. As has already been implied here - my car is v.v. important to me. I could be really arrogant and say the only person I trust is me, but I guess a class 1 police driver should be able to park a car ;) so I would go with Rapier.
    4. Run a business while you're out of the country - Not much chance of me ever having my own business but I can't think of anyone more suitable than Mr John Burns.
    5. Exercise a proxy vote for you at an election - "Sensible" is a bit of a insult in my book, but I guess this is a sensible action, so I would say, despite his awful puns Peter Bale is the most sensible here so he gets my vote. (Sorry Peter if you don't like to be tagged as sensible....;) )
    6. Fill your Ipod - it would have to be eclectic and good quality so a mixture of Brassneck, Dyl, Supersop (for the band stuff) and Sandman would do. BTW I have a Creative Zen...am I still allowed to comment...;)
    7. Buy you your wardrobe for the year - Supersop. NOOOOO!!!!! Joke!!! Anyone who has lots of money and will listen to what I want to buy ;)
    8. Buy you a holiday - the richest tMPer - although doesn't Tabby (brass journo) have far east coneections? I'm not fussy anywhere there would be great!
    9. Set you up on a date - I'm married thankyouverymuch
    10. Cook you a meal - Has to be Sparkly, whose curries are legendary (and believe me in Leicester we know about curry :D )

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice