Which style do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Di, Sep 21, 2004.

Which Style do you use?

1. Default style

2. tMP 3.03 style

3. Wow - you mean you can change it!?

4. Both!

1. Di

Di Active Member

Just out of curiosity. :)

I switched to the tMP 3.03 style almost straight away and even forgot there was another style 'til I was playing around on the forum this afternoon. I much prefer the tMP 3.03. What about you?

PS. If you've answered number 3, the scroll right down to the bottom of your screen and click on the style chooser drop down menu. :p
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  2. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

What can you change it to?? what do you mean??
  3. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

I prefer the default style. It's simpler and the avatars look better.
  4. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I noticed that earlier Dinie! I appear to have been on 3.03 although i hadn't a clue that there were any different versions anyway! :D
  5. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Wow they're really different aren't they!! haha! Hmmm don't know which one I like best. Think i'll stick with 3.03-just got used to it!
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Unfortunately, even though it looks a lot more stylish than the default, I have tremendous difficulty reading the 3.03 style on my laptop which I use for most of my posts.

I don't think the fonts are actually any smaller, they are just more difficult to read for some reason.

Oh Well, serves me right for having a state of the art laptop.

*No comments! ;)*
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I am also starting development of a lo-fi version that will be for those who are partially sighted. Easy colours, larger fonts, minimal graphics, good contrasts etc all easy on the eyes. Might be a little while before it's good enough to release, but I'm working on it.
  8. rutty

rutty Active Member

Nice one John. Accessibility is gaining importance in the internet community ;)

I like the tMP 3.03 style, but I find it's a bit graphic intensive - takes to long to load sometimes and as each box is the same size it can take a while to scroll through the threads. The default one, while basic, looks rather nice and is faster to load and easier to read. :)
  9. TheMusicMan

Thanks Dave. There's still a few things I need to sort on the default template... banners, some colour gradients, some images need to be matted to a lighter background etc... all in good time though.

Yep - I feel we should do something to improve access to those partially sighted... a month or so down the road yet though.
  10. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I use the default style on one machine, and the tMP 3.03 style on a different machine. Some combinations of the Windows color scheme in use, the browser version, and the vBulletin template cause some of the text to appear white on a light background in the 3.03 template.

I like the 3.03 style better when I can see all of the text:)
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Me too - a fast internet connection at work so I use the 3.03 style there, but having a diial-up at home am forced to use the default template - so will add this option to the poll seeing as there are more than one of us! ;)
  12. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

I use the default style.... because the text's bigger.. the quick reply button thing is at the bottom of the post, and the poster's name is more obvious... I'm just lazy really!!
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I think I must be on the 3.03 version judging by the posts on here... I didn't select it myself though as far as I know...
  14. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

I think that the 3.03 template was the default for everyone when the new software went in. I know that I had to change mine.
  15. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

The default one (which is tmp 3.03) is MUCH better... so sticking with it :)
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Ah, I see, I was just assuming i'd changed it to 3.03 as "default" suggests that's what you get to begin with! I fiddled about with it so much in the first couple of days, can't remember which bits i changed and which i didn't. :oops:

But still, i like the nice rounded style 3.03 best. ! So there! :p ;)
  17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I've changed over to Default now... wow this is basic! But it's soooooooooo much quicker on the parent's 56k connection (usually connects at about 36k...)

I'll be changing back as soon as I start abusing, err... using, the university's broadband!
  18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I use "Default" as I find it is a lot clearer on my small monitor. As has been said previously, some things are very hard to distinguish on the tMP 3.03 setting - of course, it might just be that my sight is failing with advancing age :shock:
  19. TheMusicMan

Good point Di... I have asked relevant experts if I can simply rename the style or if there's anything else I need to condsider.

Suggestions for alternative style name please everyone....:rolleyes:
  20. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member