Which Section Drinks the most in your band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, Sep 4, 2004.

?

Which section in your band drinks the most?

1. Front Row Cornets

28.2%
  2. Back Row Cornets

5.1%
  3. Horns (including Flugel)

9.0%
  4. BariPhoniums

7.7%
  5. Trombones

12.8%
  6. Basses

26.9%
  7. Percussion

1.3%
  8. Your MD can actually take on any section drink for drink!!

9.0%
  1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I have noticed that, in many instances, drinking goes along with some of the socializing in the brass band world. Some sections of the band tend to contribute more to this 'band hobby' than others. I think the typical stereotype is that the low brass players tend to put away more adult beverages than any other section. In my last band in the States it was actually the tenor horn section that did the most damage!!!

What about your band?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Section
    most
    drinking
    some
    more
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

In our band, it's definitely the trombone section!
    They are also specialized in the beers with high alcohol percentage, like Duvel and Trappist :)

4. LOL..... I think it's our trombone section, although it is easier for them to gain the title - only having three of them!! Or maybe our euphoniums... hmmm. Its not our cornet section anyway - but Billy and Bruce and Lisa are pretty big on the ole drink! Yes, trombones me says !!!

5. ginger_jo

ginger_jo New Member

little_miss_marcroft!
    i seem to think (or trying to remember) that u drank the equivalent to the trombone section on that sunday night!! haha!.......... i'm sure me and you would make up for all the rest of our cornet section :) x

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

It's probably the troms, though one of them isn't very good at keeping it in once it has been drunk!

Having said that our Sop and 3rd man down can put away quite a few litres between them.

I think troms have to work really hard to keep up with their reputations. It's all a plot to discredit them ! :) :) :)

7. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I think it is a toss up between the basses, horns and trombones in Bestwood.

Remind me of this poll again once we've been to Butlins and I'll confirm the answer!

8. Look right - thats just not fair!! My drinking limits are in changing season or something - I was leathered off 3 glasses of wine last night, I kid thee not ! - I just can't handle it anymore!!!!

I say trombones... but me and jo are fighting the corner for the whole cornet section!! My poor liver!

9. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Great thread!
    As captain of the formation drinking team, I am qualified to quote for my band :p

It is difficult to single out one section - solo trombone is an accomplished drinker and the bass trom can keep up as well :)

Although I am ashamed to say it, it is not the backrow who are the best in our band, but it is the lovely ladies in the percussion section :shock:

10. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Well it's the back row cornet section that always seem to drink, but it's our solo trombone that seems to drink THE most!

11. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

definately the bases, when ever i see them they seem to be drinking!

we were camping the other day, and most the band had gone to bed, but the bass section had found themselves a caravan and i dont think they slept that night.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Section
    most
    drinking
    some
    more
  13. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Obvious this one!

Horns

hands down, and im not legal till 1 week on wednesday!

our flugal took a bottle of bacardi to the chinese b4 the contest (night before)
    and our 2nd horn is a definate alcoholic!

i drink a lot, but only coz i cant play (nerves) without alcohol

tbh rebecca drinks the least, but only coz she drives to band!

kell x

14. brassbailey

brassbailey Member

brassbailey

I think you're all wrong!!!!!!! its the band librarian,?????????

15. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

The section that drinks the most in our band is the 1st Baritone section :p ...i've never seen anybody handle as much drink as Paul and i've learnt a lot from him :metal: :-D

16. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

I voted for our MD, although strictly speaking he can't actually "outdrink" anyone :D he keeps on trying! (Sorry Chris!, must be the stress of conducting us lot!).

17. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I think at Flixton it was the Cornets... The trombones were lagging slightly with no 2nd, and Brian not drinking... but the cornets had a few demons in the ranks!

18. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

hmmm yes lynchie, there are a few cornet players in Flixton that like a few drinks! Saying that there are certainly a few members in other sections that could put challenge to the cornets any day!

19. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

The cornet section used to be a challenge at Bestwood but not anymore since certain players moved away from Notts!!!!

20. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

HORNS... Without a doubt! They can put a fair bit away between them :mad:)

21. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I think the troms have edge - our 2 2nd trombonists are serious drinkers.

22. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Our basses do very well on their own thank you, but don't forget MR BoozyBTrom counts as part of our bass section too- hmmmmm what to vote?....