Which phone??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Lauradoll, May 16, 2007.

1. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

HELP!!!

I've just had my phone upgraded (yaas) but as I am a lovely loyal customer to Virgin mobile, I've also been given a free "extra" phone. So I now have a Sony Ericsson w850i and a Samsung E900. Bonus.

Which one do I use and which one do I *flog* *sell* *put on ebay* *give to someone close and dear to me*?

I have used both for a day and like various things about both phones but don't really know which one to keep?

Help me please!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Virgin mobile
    Sony Ericsson
    E900
    Samsung
    yaas
  3. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Use the Samsung and sell the Sony Erisson to me cheap. :)

4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I have a samsung, which is lovely and easy to use and my bestest phone ever! My boyfriend has a sony ericsson and it's backwards i tell you! I hate using it (i can't use it!) and it is no where near as nice as the samsung! :) so i would stick with that one.

Maybe check out how much each phone is going for on ebay? If you want more money from it sell the phone thats worth more?

5. msgiggles

msgiggles New Member

bin them both and get a nokia -- they are more sturdy and wont die on you when they decide to leap in to a glass of wine !! he he

6. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

hey doll! I've got the E900 and to be honest it's a pain in the **** because of the touch screen button things!! I phone randoms all the time and magically delete messages when I'm half way through without meaning to. This is all when I still have my phone mind you, and it isn't lying in some ditch / room / loch / baritone anywhere!! It does look pretty though!

Oooh, also sony ericssons have much better cameras on them.

xxx

7. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Try telling the Nokias I've had that! I fell in the river with one in my pocket (not really any different to dropping it in wine) and it was completely dead! Another of mine got 'water damaged' (according to the repair center) without getting wet!

8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I'd go for the Sony Ericsson!

9. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

I'd go for the ericson, i have a w880i, and love it

10. dyl

dyl Active Member

I'm the complete opposite! Have always had Sony Ericssons, but fancied a change so went for the touch-screen novelty of the Samsung E900 - bad move! Sure, it looks good - but looks aren't everything! ;) The features are rubbish - you can't even set your own message tone and are stuck with the rubbish ones that come with it, some of my mp3 files didn't work as ring tones, there's the annoyance of calling people whilst texting them due to the damn touch-screen. I lasted 4 months with it, having tried to get used to it, so when my wife got her phone upgraded I took her SE W810i, and when my upgrade is due in 2 months, I'll be going for the SE K800i.

My advice - avoid the E900 like the plague.

PS. Anyone wanna buy a 'like new' Samsung E900? ;)

11. RobBari

RobBari Member

just changed from samsung to sony, no contest the sony wins easy

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Virgin mobile
    Sony Ericsson
    E900
    Samsung
    yaas
  13. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Maybe it's a girls phone?! (well mine is supposed to be, it's pink!) It did take a little while to get used to- reckon it just needs a bit of patience and small fingers to get used to the touch screen! :)

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Dyl, you need to work on your sales technique...;)

But I'd echo what he says. Over the last few years I've had 4 Sony Ericsson phones and they've all been great. Sadly for me last year I "upgraded" to a Motorola SLVR. It looks great, but has the worst software interface I've ever had the displeasure of using (6 keystrokes to turn off Bluetooth anyone? My old S700i used to drop my hands free headset automatically when I turned the headset off)

Stick with the Sony Ericsson IMO. In my experience their phones are reliable, with good features and are easy to use. You can't really ask for anything more from a phone.

15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I'm going with the Sony Ericsson, the touch screen was doing my head in as well and that was when I was sober :) It also seems a bit more sturdy- granted it doesn't look as sleek as the Samsung but I think it will probably not break as quickyl! Thanks for your help :) :)

Anyone want to buy a Samsung E900...........

(I might keep it for a spare one for when Lucy loses hers he he xx)

16. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Good choice :tup ...I forgot to mention that two of my friend's Samsungs died randomly with no explaination...no wetness or concrete floors involved!!

17. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Can I have your other one then mate? Eh Mate! Mate Eh?

Eh Mate? :p:p:p:p:p

18. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Blackberry 8800 - it's a beauty.