Which olympic sport would you go for?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Nicely following on from the successful bid of London for the 2012 games, I was just wondering which olympic sport, regardless of your actual ability(i'm sure that's only a minor part of being a successful athlete!) would you like to win a gold in?

I think I'd like to go for synchronised diving... it looks great fun and I don't think I'd get too hot and sweaty which is a bonus. I'd be rubbish as I can't really dive very well,but in my head..... I'd be great :cool:!

Any of these take your fancy?
    Canoe / kayak
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Fencing
    Modern Pentathlon
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Shooting
    Table Tennis
  2. btrommatt

btrommatt Member

I was hoping that we could put a British football team in to the olympics. Its always worth a go!
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Hockey for me... Played it in school and was in the school team.. loved it :)
  4. btrommatt

btrommatt Member

I played it school as well. wasnt very good, kept missing the ball!:D

Wot about 20/20 cricket?
  5. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I was rubbish at hockey, I once hit my teacher across the shins with my stick (by mistake) hmmm how is shooting an olympic sport? they are encouraging people to shoot?? what do they shoot?? hopefully not each other!! I think I'd do gymnastics its quite girly, hmmm I'm not very bendy though so maybe I wouldn't be too good at that hmmm oooooh I'll do Judo then I can stay in my jammies all day!
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well, as I've said on this forum before, I don't think it'll be too long before brass banding becomes an Olympic sport. After all, subjective judging on matters like technical merit and artistic impression? Already happens in ice skating......
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Mixed beach volleyball everytime!!

And if I can't play I'd like to be head kit man and masseur for the ladies team ;)
  8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Is that played on shingle and sand :?: ;) :D
  9. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Have to be the rythmic gymnastics for me. Where else can I play with hula hoops and loads of other kids toys
  10. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Olympic football and boxing are pathetic, so id have to go for rowing...
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I might try my hand at fencing, although I bet your muscles get tired hammering in the uprights :oops:
  12. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Slalom Canoieng looks good, or sailing.
  13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

After what I had done this year it couldn't be anything else could it?!? :oops:
  14. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Well... I tried javelin the other day at sports day...

Lets not do that! :rolleyes: I managed to hit myself around the head with it!

I'm ok at discuss.. but I do like running :biggrin: Go for the relay! :biggrin:
  15. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

The one where you sit round and talk about stuff? ;)
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Yea she does that OK, natter natter natter. ;) :tongue:
  17. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

why thanx!! I'm glad you agree! :rolleyes:
  18. Di

Di Active Member

Hehe, if they ever made discussing an Olympic sport, she'd have the gold in 5 minutes. No opponent could stand up to her rabble for long. :biggrin:
  19. Steve

Steve Active Member

definitely wrestling. an excuse to wear lycra and grapple other men
  20. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

For some reason that made me want to sing
    "I see you true colours shining through... ;) "