Which media celeb would you stick in Room 101?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Nov 24, 2003.

?

TV 'celeb' in Room 101?

1. Simon Cowell

67.4%
  2. Jeremy Clarkson

2.2%
  3. Charlotte Church

6.5%
  4. Anne Robinson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Richard Whiteley

4.3%
  6. Trinny and Susannah

6.5%
  7. David Dickinson

6.5%
  8. Other (please nominate)

6.5%
  1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If I had to pick one..... tricky. David Dickinson's pronunciation of auction (i.e. 'oction') really grates, but I think for me, it's Simon Cowell. Boy George recently commented that Cowell foisted Robson and Jermoe wrecking Unchained Melody on us and we're supposed to believe he has an ear for music? And if his put downs aren't scripted then I'm going to be the next Pope!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    George
    Room 101
    Jermoe
    Simon Cowell
    David Dickinson
  3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Has to be that ****** ****** ****** **** Anne Robinson for me!

PS. Self-moderated so I can keep my moderator status! ;)

4. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Has to be those two ****** annoying ****** Tranny & Susannah for me. :roll: :hammer :dunno

5. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm going to go for Charlotte Church for being the most stuck-up pop star in history, without actually being all that successful!

And you can hardly say Robson and Jerome were the first people to ruin Unchained Melody, or the last! It's been covered about 20 times!!!

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Yes, and rules on vulgarity on these boards prevent me saying what it's been covered in!

7. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Daniel Bedingfield aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Can't stand the bloke

(Edited to reduce page-width - Mod!!!)

8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Charlotte Church...
    *shudder*

:?

9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Trinny and Susannah

Utterly, utterly, utterly pointless!!!!!!!

There existence in no way improves anyone's quality of life. They should be sentenced to living in Sunderland. Forever!!

Don't diss the Duke. What a legend!

10. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

[

. They should be sentenced to living in Sunderland. Forever!!

Or Basildon

Don't diss the Duke. What a legend![/quote]

You mean leg end? :lol:

11. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Would agree with this, but.....
    its compelling viewing once you start watching and they do generally make the people look better!

(sorry mod for my large outburst that made the page go too wide, will be more subtle in future!)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    George
    Room 101
    Jermoe
    Simon Cowell
    David Dickinson
  13. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

[and they do generally make the people look better!

Pity they haven't worked on themselves yet!

14. geordiecolin

sorry but i refuse to take the view of somone who has a self-professed bond to a picture of a cement mixer seriously!!!

15. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I don't know about many of the people you've nominated here since I generally only watch the television that interests me, so I'm not speaking from a position of authority here, but:

I do think there ought to be a place on your list for the nonentities called Ant and Dec. They're not funny and seem to have no talent for anything in particular so I've yet to work out why they take up so much airtime.

I can't decide whether they're having to work hard to read the words on the autocue or if they actually look quite so moronic in real life, but that blank unknowing expression, multiplied by two, reminds me how much I enjoyed William Hague's speeches and makes me start to wonder if trainspotting might be a worthwhile pursuit...

D

16. geordiecolin

Sit Down!!!!

Ant and Dec are geordie icons of the highest order, perhaps not up there with Mr Shearer, Mike Neville, Bobby Thompson (the little waster) or indeed Sir Bobby Robson, but icons none the less!!

Where would we be today without those immortal words "Ah man spuggie me eyes, i cannut see!!" or that classic game Wonkie Donkie?"It's got to rhyme!!". And as for Chums...... Cheekiest chappies of the highest order like!! Pet.

nb to read this post properly place one's tongue firmly in one's cheek!

17. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

You're quite right about A and D, D! I did leave an 'other please nominate' option! Mind you, if I had listed ALL my choices for media celeb Room 101, I'd still be compiling the list tomorrow!

18. groovy

groovy Active Member

Lisa Riley. :evil:

Jade Goody aaaaah! :evil: :evil:

And there are many, many more. :roll:

19. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Geordie icons = O, I does cringe

D

20. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

JORDAN!!!!!!

Famous for having big knockers. Need I say more?! :wink:

21. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

22. craigyboy1

craigyboy1 Member

I'm not a fan of any celebrity to be honest. I could throw them in room 101 by the bucketload.
    People become celebrities not for their spectacular talents or amazing deeds but because the general public are obsessed with celebrities.

Big Brother contestants, Changing rooms presenters, IT Girls etc etc who are these people and why should I be interested in their lives :roll:

Agree with "Groovy" though you could slap Jade Goody all day and then kick her when your arms got tired :D