Which is the better band aid?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Dec 22, 2004.

Which is the best band aid?

1. Original

27 vote(s)
  2. New

3 vote(s)
  1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

The original or the new one?

Personally i think the first one is far better, although the high guitar playing of the darkness help the second one, unfortunately dizzy rascal sinks it!
  2. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Well I like Dido, Busted, Robbie, The Darkness etc, and whilst Bob Geldof is a musical genius and a very charitable guy he doesn't really do it for me.
  3. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

You might not like the Dizzy Rascal bit, but he was asked to do a segment at about 10 minutes notice.

He came up with the first line, and sang it - one take. Then when he didn't come in after the next sung line, he realised they wanted a second line. He went away, wrote the line came back 10 minutes later and recorded that line - one take. (As seen on one of the documentarys about the making of.)

Like it or not, that's impressive.

And for my mind, if it means that another group of fans feel they can relate to the record as a result of these two lines being present then sobeit.
  4. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Yeh, I saw that programme, until then I thought Dizzy Rascal was just...well a dizzy rascal, not much talent, but I was quite impressed with that.
  5. Pookiyama

Pookiyama Member

You're forgetting that it was released twice before 2004 and made number 1 on both occasions.

I like Barenaked Ladies' version, myself.
    Mrs Womble likes this.
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Still think this latest version is pants compared to the original.

IYOUNG Member

No one going to admit to liking the 1988 (?) Stock Aitken and waterman style verion?
  8. dyl

dyl Active Member

9. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

I must say I do prefer the old one better!!! Don't know if anyone has played the brass band arrangement this year?? but we played it on Sunday at the Woodfalls concert and it's really weird to think we are playing a current number one in the chats
  10. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Band Aid Sucks!!!

I like the cause... unfortunately the song is terrible and the new line up (with the exception of Bono and Keane) is even more appauling!!
  11. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

Can't remember who was singing on the orginal one??
  12. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Bob Geldof
    Culture Club
    David Bowie
    Duran Duran
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood
    Heaven 17
    Human League
    Kool and the Gang
    Midge Urge
    Paul McCartney
    Paul Young
    Spandau Ballet
    Status Quo
    The Style Council

Phil Collins did the drum track!!
  13. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I think that the first one is the best. Although I'm loving the guitar parts from the great Hawkins lads in the 2nd one! but Dizzy Rascal just kills the whole song.