Which is the best tenor horn?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Bbmad, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Bbmad

Bbmad Active Member

Which is the best tenor horn?
  2. Cornet Nev.

Cornet Nev. Member

That is like asking which is the best fish and chips, everyone has their own opinion, especially those who have paid a large sum for one of the top mainstream models and found it works for them.
    I suppose the only person who could give any really useful answer would be someone who's job it is to play and give a review of just about every make and model of instrument made.
  3. second_horn

second_horn Member

Well, I think that it would possibly be between a besson sovreign or a yamaha neo. Owen Farr plays a besson sovreign, and tests them too I believe. I play a yamaha maestro provided by my band, but if I could afford my own it would be a neo!
  4. second_horn

second_horn Member

Just noticed that this thread started by Bbmad is yet another wind up thread......along the lines of 'which is the best valve oil?' Never mind:-?
  5. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Active Member

Well yes, that's true (IMHO). Mr October wrote something in a different thread that prompted Bbmad to start this one. However you can choose to make a sensible addition and see if others do the same, I've been pleased with what I learnt on the valve oil thread :).