Which Czardas for Euphonium?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by agent006, Jun 6, 2013.

1. agent006

agent006 Member

I'm looking to buy an arrangement or Czardas as a Euphonium solo. Is there a standard arrangement? Soloist has played it before but doesn't recall the arranger.

Any ideas?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Euphonium
    Czardas
    Soloist
    Euphonium solo
    ideas
  3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Bit of a funny key (euphonium C minor) - a tone up sits much better under the fingers. Can't recall whose version the trombone/euphonium D minor one is - I remember Andy Flaxman used to do a fabulous job of it. Lindberg plays it a tone up from there, in concert D minor...

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

You just 'cheat' on the C minor one and play the Ab on 1st and A nat on 2nd....

...ie molto waglo with one or two fingers...

6. agent006

agent006 Member

We've already got a trombone (bass trombone of all things) arrangement of it which he had a bash at and made a very good fist of it (as he is prone to) but said it was in an odd key and would prefer the one he has played before. I was somewhat hoping that there would be a go-to arrangement.

7. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Eric's arrangement is probably the one that populates most libraries for euph players.

The one I played was in the same key but was actually done by Oliver Howarth....Elgar Howarth's father I believe....and was done for cornet.

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

if you follow the links I posted you can see a sample of the dots for the Wilson arrangement - your guy should be able to figure out very quickly wether or not its the one he knows

9. ben16

ben16 Member

violin solos on euphonium - please no! just because you (think you) can doesn't mean you should.