Which colour valve felts do you use?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Beesa, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Beesa

Beesa Member

Not one for ducking the really important issues, I often ponder this question. Usually in the middle of a concert or a contest.

I used to always have the mousey light brown ones but since I discovered red felts, my life has been improved no end.

Which colour do you use?

Are there any other burning question out there we need to get off our chests?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    life
    important issues
    red felts
    middle
    concert
  3. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I've got creamy white ones on my trumpet and my cornet.

I used to have green ones on my trumpet, but they weren't very good.

4. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Erm i think my horns got the creamy brown ones...:D

5. Moy

Moy Active Member

I want red ones ;)

6. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I would really like bright pink fluffy ones most days but when having a quick mood change as sometimes occurs I would like sets of various colours coded for each emotion. Beware if the felts are dark purple with red flashes.

7. jackocorn

jackocorn Member

What's wrong with Cork?

Or are you too young to remember those clanking sounds of the olden days?

8. Rigo Jancsi

Rigo Jancsi New Member

Chunky and Pav swear by the nice pink ones, I prefer blue but if they notice they wont talk to me!

RJ

9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Dear Mr Jancsi!

How wrong you are, we actually use polo mints, its what the hole was designed for plus its much nicer inhaling valve oil with a hint of mint!

Two words for you Allegro Giocoso!

10. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Can I join in the fun? My rarely played euphonium used to have white felts, but 15 years down the line, they're a sort-of dark grey colour!

11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Fun? When did you last have any of that on here ;) You know its not allowed!!!

This is a serious issue Beesa has brought up here and I applaud them for doing so.:clap:

Anyway are you suitably qualified to comment Duncan? ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    life
    important issues
    red felts
    middle
    concert
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

I want pink fluffy ones :'-(

14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Felts? I've never been in a band that's had enough sposnorship to be able to afford felts.

And if you tell that to the youngsters of today.....

15. leisa

leisa Active Member

It always bothers me what colour folders people use at band, and what type, theres so many to choose from, cardboard, lever arch...etc etc

We use Lever arch and the front row has two black ones and one pink one (especially for Richard), I feel thats the best mix really although I realise I am not really qualified to comment on that important matter

;)

16. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Am i allowed to answer?

Not being a repair agent for a top musical instrument manufacturer, (or any manufacturer at all for that matter!) i know my opinion will count for absolutely nothing (especially if jonP is reading!) but what the heck!!!!:wink:

i have white ones on my sop (courtois) and I've just bought some lovely green ones for my olds ambassador cornet, which I'm about to dig out of the cupboard and give a good going over.
    was seriously going to give the sop a bit of a pimping up but cant afford it at the mo:(

17. leisa

leisa Active Member

What about the folders Craigy?!?! Dont keep me in suspense!!!

18. super_sop

Ah well, as i;m definitely not qualified in that department i couldn't possibly tell you!!!!:biggrin:

19. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

Nevermind pink ones, I want red ones! But I've never had the choice.... perhaps it's because I live in Devon and only white or green make their way down here!

20. leisa

leisa Active Member

Darn! I thought that might be the case. Maybe one of our seasoned 'top' banders could enlighten me!

21. tromtanga18

tromtanga18 New Member

i want purple 1ns. dunno y just like the colour but, i play trombone so....
    what can i do??? lol :)

22. super_sop

Oh stuff the consequences!!!!

we have lovely yellow cardboard ones with our current music in, and horrid horrid red plastic ones with our Christmas stuff in.

leisa, i would have thought the pink folder would be yours. i bet it matches "the pink" hat wonderfully!!! (ah the good ol' days of tMP!!):wink: