Which Band Should I Join?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by manx_yessir, Mar 19, 2003.

1. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Hi all, I moved to Leeds in August last year from the Isle of Man (my name's a bit of a clue eh!?) with my girlfriend. We keep saying we'll get around to joining a band but we still haven't made any effort!
    Anyone want to give us a gentle push in the right direction? We played in a 4th section band back home (2nd place in the north west areas in 2002!) :D I'm a back row cornet player and the missus is a baritone/euphonium player. Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. Lyndsay

Lyndsay New Member

Why dont you take a look at the Vancancies lists of bands in your region either on this site or 4barsrest.com? Should cut down the search.
  3. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Thanks Lyndsay I'll try that. Do I know you by the way? I played in Douglas Town in case you hadn't guessed! My brother, Brother-In-Law & Nephew are in Manx Concert Brass...say hi to them!
  4. daisygemma

daisygemma Member

I live in Leeds and know of a few bands that always needs players. Two questions though;

Have you got your own transport?
    Which area of Leeds do you live in?

Ifr you let me know then will endeavour to help you in your search
  5. Lyndsay

Lyndsay New Member

I would obviously say hi to them if I knew who they were.....
  6. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Well Lyndsay....one of them is called Ste......
    as i said, say hi! :lol:
    I've looked on the websites you suggested and have found a couple of places we are going to look into...thanks