Which band is this?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ju33les, Jul 15, 2006.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    world
    video
    Internet
    band
    idea
  3. postie

postie Member

I had a look through www.ibew.co.uk to try and provide the answer. Unfortunatly the band who provided the entertainment at St James Park on that day wernt listed.

4. ratley

ratley Member

It's Derwent Brass - Yoofman and I were depping! I'm the v short cornet 2nd from the left..........

We had a great time, Derwent are one of the friendliest bands we have ever met - we even got an ice cream!!!!!

:p

5. They're a very good band! I can see why they are in demand. But what is a band from Derby doing in St James Park?

6. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Is there any reason why a band from Derby shouldn't be playing in the capital? London parks aren't just for Londoners!!

7. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Ooh!! I've depped there with 'Epworth!! (dead proud of that! :rolleyes: )

8. It's a long way to travel for an engagement!

9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but it's just downwind of her maj's gaff, that makes it a bit of a prestigious park job.

10. That old bag? ;) I hope she pays well...

11. postie

postie Member

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    world
    video
    Internet
    band
    idea
  13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

A couple of years ago YBS were regulars at St James's Park, as were a number of other Yorkshire bands. As has been said it still carries a bit of prestige, even though the new so-called bandstand is not a patch on the old one, and the location is not as good - it was all changed following the Hyde Park bombing.

14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

It seems I'm playing at St James's Park on 27th August.....

15. NeilW

NeilW Member

Stonesfield are supposed to be playing there on 20 Aug too.

You do get quite a good audience on a decent day....

Neil.

16. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I played in Regents Park with BT, and also Stalybridge band a few years ago, great days out they were, you had two slots with a few hours in between for "refreshments". The bus journey was always a good laugh as well.

17. winterman

winterman Member

Aye, Drighlington did this gig back in 1999/2000 (I think). Cracking do with a very appreciative audience.

Travelling back the entire coach descended on a very nice small village pub near St Albans who actually got their chef to come back to the pub and cook for us all!

TIP: For those who won't pay London prices for beer, there is a gem of a Samuel Smiths pub hidden away in one of the side streets up on St Martins Lane (funnily enough called The Chandos) which great and fairly cheap, less than a mile from the Bandstand to the Pub. http://tinyurl.com/gee2n

18. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

The pride of Hull will be playing in London during the afternoon of 26th August

19. andyp

andyp Active Member