Wheres Pat when you need him?? ;P

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Vickitorious, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Hehe! ;)

I'm trying to do some science hwk, supposed to be making notes on resultant force, and I cant find anything on the net that makes sense, and I wasn't in school on tuesday because of an audition so I haven't got any notes what-so-ever!! :(

Can someone pleeease tell me what it is? Then I can go off and make notes pleeeeeease and thankyou. :)

Vicki x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pat
    ;P
    net
    anything
    force
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I can give you some notes on Gaelforce if that's any good ;)

4. NeilW

NeilW Member

"When several forces act on an object, we can add them together to find out what's going to happen. The combined effect of all the forces on an object is called the resultant force.

For GCSE, you'll usually only be asked to deal with forces which are all in a straight line.
    This makes it really easy!"

http://www.darvill.clara.net/enforcemot/forces.htm (search for "resultant").

I stuck "resultant force" and "physics" into google!

I seem to remember doing sums for firing canons! One force supplied by the charge, downward supplied by gravity - work out the path of the cannon ball and where it hits the ground.

HTH

Neil.

5. Vickitorious

Wow!! Thankyooouu soo much!! :biggrin: Thats a big help! Now I can get this hwk out of the way! :biggrin:

Vicki x

6. NeilW

NeilW Member

Maybe that physics A-level wasn't wasted all those years ago :)

Sparking_Quaver's site at sparklyland.co.uk USED to have lots of science stuff on it, but doesn't seem to be there at the moment, for future referrence.....

Good luck - I ended up trying to help with German homework last night (and I speak very little German!)

BTW, if you do languages, you might find http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/rgshiwyc/school/curric/HotPotatoes/index.htm useful, and is done by one of my local schools...

Neil.

7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

give me a shout on msn if you are still stuck Vicki :tup

8. Vickitorious

Science hwk.. sorted :) thanks!

And yeh, we use that site quite a lot at school, I only do french though, couldn't cope with German, I struggle enough with english :rolleyes: let alone french AND german :p

Vicki x

9. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I believe he is currently back in the uk for the open.

10. vonny

vonny Member

Peter don't even go there with that piece of music. I played it a couple of weeks ago at band, and i found the ending a bit difficult to play - nice arrangement thought :biggrin:

Yvonne x

11. HBB

HBB Active Member

He's playing with Johnstone on Saturday!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pat
    ;P
    net
    anything
    force
  13. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

But of course, in general a force is a vector quantity (it has an amplitude AND a direction), so in that case you need to make a vector sum ) Just count the components of all forces allong the different axes separately...

And I remember an exam question from my first year at university, were there was a cannon mounted on a moving cart and I think the barel of the cannon was rotating as well around its axis :sup:sup:sup I don´t think anyone answered that question correctly...

Anyway, analytical mechanics used to be one of my favourite subjects, but unfortunately, it´s all far in the back of my head now...