Where's Jack?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Railybobs, May 28, 2005.

1. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Many Banders in the North west of England will have bumped into Jack on many occasions at Contests and concerts all around.

To describe him...................... He's a big bloke normally with a pair of budweiser braces on and a loud shout for an encore. Jack also has a few problems, that I don't wish to go into.

Tyldesley band haven't seen him for a while and we'd like to know where he is.

Can anyone help?
  2. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

OMG!! :eek: Don't think I've seen Jack since Pontins. Didn't see him at Blackpool!!

Love it when he asks "Have you played yet?", & shouts "Ooo its Bolton" etc.:biggrin:

Hope he's ok. :(
  3. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

This is what's worrying us all because he would have been at Blackpool, Tameside Whit Friday etc etc etc.
  4. Mike Rowley

Mike Rowley Member

Jack was taken seriously ill quite some time ago, and after suffering at least one stroke, was left unable to look after himself. The last news I had of Jack, was that he was living in a nursing home.
    I suggest that you have a word with Derek A, behind the scenes at the JJB contest.
    Derek keeps in contact, and has visited jack on a number of occasions.
  5. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

That's bad news. I hope Jack is ok. Derek please pass on my best wishes to him.
  6. btrommatt

btrommatt Member

A lot of people in N/West have asked about jack. It is very sad not to see him at the contests.

hope he does recover soon. He is missed.
  7. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Thats really bad news. Lets hope he's better soon.

Maybe a few of us could get together at Xmas & go to the nursing home & entertain the masses!! Just a thought.
  8. btrommatt

btrommatt Member

That could be a very good idea. even if only a 10 piece is available.
  9. Sharpy

Sharpy Member

Pass on my best to Jack, I remember him being at nearly every contest I did when i was in the north west. A true character and supporter of Brass Bands.
  10. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i remember jack, i think pretty much every bander in the north west knew jack. he is definately missed at the contests rustling his sandwiches and things and being generally loud. he definately enjoyed brass bands, and if a ten piece go round to play for him i think he would be very grateful! i cant say i have spoken to him but from what ive seen and heard about him i think its a good idea.
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Why wait til Xmas? Nothing like the present :) do something over summer.... August on a nice warm day.... play out some nice happy clappy cheese :biggrin: :clap: :biggrin: :clap: :biggrin:

12. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Naruco, That's the best suggestion you've had in a while LOL ! ! !

Now we need to find out which nursing home he is in.

Lets find out . . . . . . . . .