Where will you spend most of your time in Blackpool?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by DublinBass, May 2, 2005.

Where will you spend most of your time at the Spring Festival?

Poll closed May 9, 2005.
  1. Listening to Grand Shield (Masquerade)

2. Listening to Senior Cup (Montage)

3. Listening to Senior Trophy (Connotations)

4. Listening to the section you are competing in

5. at the bar

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I can't remember a contest where I enjoyed all the test pieces being played (concurrently) so much. I really did enjoy listening to Rienzi, Tam O' Shanter and the RVW at the areas, but they were all at separate times in London. Last year's Pontins's test pieces did not blow me away.

This year it will be difficult to decide which section to listen to with Masquerade, Montage and Connotations all be played at the same time and all beingsuch wonderful pieces to listen to.

Where will you be?

I'll probably end up listening to Connotations the most and be between there and the bar, but only for lack of time.

(you may choose more than one answer)
  2. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Probably would be good to have a category which has "All of the above" as an option. Depending on the draw I'd like to hear a couple of "Masquerades" and a couple of "Connotations" but as my band are in the Senior Cup then I'd obviously want to take in a few performances of Montage too. Then when the hard work of playing and listening is done, retire to the bar......

....... but it all depends on the draw. If we play early then retiring to the bar may happen slightly ahead of schedule..... ;)
  3. lewis

lewis Member

Might listen to a coupl ein the shield but I think my attention will need to be focused on the bar for most of the day ;-)
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I f you wanted to vote for all the above, you could have just ticked every box...its a multiple answer poll ;-)
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Except that the question asks about spending "most" of the time, which implies an either/or response ;)
  6. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I'll probably be flitting about like the social butterfly that I am :D catching a couple of competitors in the Senior Cup, as well as trying (draws dependent) to watch friends in the other two.

Going to each via the bar of course...
  7. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Apart from supporting my g/f in the Shield with Kibworth, and my mates in Jaguar....have to say will spend most of my time with :guiness and chatting...But then I was one of those who went to the Open and never heard a single band :D
  8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I'll be playing then after that, it's anyones guess!!
  9. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

Bar.....beer, beer, beer, beer!!!! :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness
  10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

What no one going down to the Pleasure Beach, or up the Tower or on a donkey ride or on the Golden Mile or even just for a little paddle in the sea? Can tell this thread was started by BBCbari - come on Pat there's more to the UK than just banding;) .

Think I'll be trying to get in to listen to Hepworth, Mount Charles, Flowers, Stocksbridge, Newstead and Welywn Garden if time allows - then some time in the bar - and perhaps a ride on a tram.
  11. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

12. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

As it'll be a "dry" bus on the way down on Friday we could be in real bother if we get an early draw.......... ;)