Where to stay?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stevetrom, Jul 5, 2007.

1. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

I (like many others I am sure) spend a good deal of time travelling around the UK and good quality hotels are hard to find (unless your budget is far better than mine) so i thought I would post a personal reccomendation and hopefully others will follow suit:

junction 33 of the M62/A1

nice rooms, very good food, friendly owner/barman
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The people in my village seem to think the Y.M.C.A. is a good place to stay ;)
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Any Premierre Travel Inn - nice rooms, good price.
  4. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

When I was on the road I used these whenever possible. Ibis hotels are pretty good also....Ibis at Eurocity is well worth a visit if crossing the channel. http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/home/index.shtml
  5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

A good tip is to find a hotel chain with a loyalty card and always use them - especially if it is for work related stays and you claim back the stay on expenses.
    I have had a loads of free reward nights using Holiday Inn points. Sometimes they have specials where you only have to stay for 4 nights and you get a reward night free. - Great if like me you had to stay in london for 6 months.
  6. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I stayed in the Comfort Hotel Tower of London last night. I previously spent a 5 week stint there (a couple of yrs ago). I would highly recommend it for a reasonably priced Central London hotel. It is minutes from Tower Gateway, was refurbed 3 yrs ago, has great air con and the power showers have to be experienced to be believed. One of the best value circa £100 pn hotels in London. The breakfast is pretty good to!

We paid £94 but not sure if that is a commercial rate or not.
  7. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

The Radisson Edwardian Free Trade Hall in Manchester is wonderful! I use it for my clients at work and also stayed there in a suite the night before and on my wedding night. Service is exceptional and the overall feel of the place is much more relaxed than the other top Manchester Hotels and you don't quite feel like you're expected to be a super-posh mega-trendy dresser type lol
    Prices are best had on the web at around £100 for a night, but those are usually the weekend deals.. if you're struggling to get a room midweek for a decent price, pm me and I'll be able to get you in on our works discount rate!:p
  8. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

the chestnuts is quite nice. My grandparents go for meals there every week (I'm originally from that village). But the is a travel inn literally 50 yards away which is your standard 'hotel' so you know what you get for your money. Other than that if you move to J32 Pontefract and Castleford there's a new hotel next to the xscape complex, which obviously adds nightlife options 'cos it's got loads of food places and bars/nightclubs as well as bowling and skiing/snowboarding.