Where to go to try flugels?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DRW, Oct 25, 2013.

1. DRW

DRW New Member

Hi

I'm in the market for a flugel. Can anyone recommend a shop in East Anglia, South East or London that stocks all / most of the popular models so I can pop along and try? Would travel further if it means I get the best range to try.

I'd prefer to not have to visit more than one shop, but if I do, I'd like them to be close enough to do it all in one day to get the best comparison.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

Your best bet is ringing round to see what people have either got in stock or can get hold of for you.... in this area I'd start with Rosehill (Beaconsfield - close to M40/M25) 01494 671717 and Phil Parker (Marylebone) 020 7486 8206

3. DRW

DRW New Member

Thanks Alex. I certainly had Parkers in mind already so they'll likely be on my shortlist. I'll add Rosehill to it too now. Much appreciated.

4. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I've bought through both shops - they're both small-ish so definitely worth a chat on the phone before you travel, but they carry good stocks and the guys are really helpful. Good luck!

5. Ian McElligott

Ian McElligott New Member

Before you make a final decision I would pop into Eclipse in Luton. Best to give Leigh a call first on 01582 595507 and arrange a time - this is the website www.eclipsetrumpets.com I've played on an Eclipse flugel for a couple of years now and have to say I'me really very happy with it. They're not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for and the after-sales support is nothing short of exceptional. I have shopped around a tested a good number, but in my honest opinion this is a really great horn!