Where to buy Cheap lederhosen?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ginge, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Ginge

Ginge Member

I'm looking to buy cheap lederhosen as i'm going busking with a few mates and we're going to do a bit of oom pah band music.

I've looked on ebay and a few german sites but cannot find any decent looking lederhosen for a cheap price.

They don't have to be real, just simply look like lederhosen, rathan than the awful looking fancy dress ones on ebay.

Anyone know of anywhere i can buy lederhosen for approx £30?
    Cheers!

2. i used to play in the willy weiss oompah band ( mainly made of point of ayr players ) we actually had them made very cheaply. they looked great and the beer stains came out really easily! and trust me there were many!:guiness

3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Mmmmmm............... Willy Wiss beer stains............... :rolleyes:

4. JCY

JCY Member

Just don't buy second hand ones - apparently they aren't very, er, hygienic - as rumour has it that real oompah bands don't wear much underneath :eek:
    (although I should add that this is just what I've heard - I don't know this from experience! :oops: hehe! Maybe someone with first hand experience of such things will post!)

Joanna

5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

We had ours made at a Theatre Costume Workshop - made of heavy cotton rather than leather. They looked the part but were much cheaper.
    You can get the look with long shorts and coloured braces - probably the best option if you're just going busking.
    Hope you got the music by the way.
    Andy

6. Ginge

Ginge Member

Yes Andy i got the music. Sorry, i probably should have mentioned that. I shall send it back soon i promise. Thanks very much!