Where shall we go???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, Feb 24, 2005.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

:(
    Tim and mine's holiday in Greece this year has been cancelled by the tour operator and so we are at a loose end in June.

Anybody got any ideas where we can go to?

We don't like kids running about or lots of mither but do like lots of booze and good food. :)

Have been looking at far away places like the Caribbean.....do they do karaoke there for Tim:p ??

Alternatively , anyone going on a band tour during middle 2 weeks of June???;)

ps...Darrol..What's it like in Oman that time of year?(got a spare bed??) :biggrin:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tim
    Caribbean
    Greece
    Darrol
    Oman
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

You should go to Munich (for booze and food) and then go to Salzburg for the MusikFestival.

4. ju33les

ju33les Member

Not Columbus then??:(
    No spare rooms going.......???:wink:

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Not yet ;)

(June is still a bit early)

6. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Julie sorry to disappoint to you and Tim but there isn't much on in the summer here in Oman as it is too hot and nearly every expat goes back to the UK. We are coming back at the end of May until the end of July as it will have started cooling down here then. :cool:

The best time if year to visit Oman is from October to March as you can sunbathe for longer than 5 minutes :clap:

7. Blackleygirl

Blackleygirl New Member

Ooooooooohhhh go to Sorrento in Italy, its beautiful!! Food is great, wine is great, sells Nastro in massive bottles which makes you feel like a giant when you hold them and its very romantic (if you like that sort of thing) I went last year with my other half and it was fab. We stayed in a 4* hotel h/b and it was about £400 each, go on www.thompson.co.uk and see what deals they can do.

Anne

8. ju33les

ju33les Member

Think the link should be www.thomson.co.uk

the one you posted is for animal feeds....pretty interesting though!;)

9. Blackleygirl

Blackleygirl New Member

apologies - I am a complete techno-phobe, oh and blonde!!

10. cezch republic

11. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Vienna
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Tim
    Caribbean
    Greece
    Darrol
    Oman
  13. HBB

HBB Active Member

Brighton... :roll:

14. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

You're always welcome to pay a visit...

But for the nice weather, you'll have to go somewhere else, I'm afraid :(

15. groovy

groovy Active Member

Go to Estonia! Brilliant place, with bars open 7pm-7am!!!! The old town in Tallinn has some gorgeous restaurants, and lots of nice pubs and gifty shops etc plus some stunning architechture (sp). Parnu is also a nice place to visit, particularly this hotel, its fab. The town has a massive long beach, 2mins from the hotel, v clean and pleasant. Nice shopping area in Parnu too, and a large fancy concert hall, theatre, parks etc. For some pics visit http://www.perth-youth-orchestra.org.uk/gallery/tour-estonia (although you will have to sift through lots of random orchestra ones!)
    Also http://www.visitestonia.com
    (I went to Estonia in July last year with orchestra and loved it!)

16. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

my mum and dad are often to the cayman islands next week, nice weather there, if you don't mind paying the £500 airfare! (Its lucky my mums little brother lives over there really isn't it!)

17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

How about Cuba? We went there last year, we were just about the only British family in our resort and there weren't many children at all. I think the hotel was the quatros palmas (all inclusive, as many cuba libre as you can drink and a fantastic band to listen to and drink!)
    Initially stayed in Varadero which is the touristy area (dollar zone) which has about 22 miles of beautiful beaches.
    Then we spent a couple of days visiting Havanna and the west of the country. Absolutely stunning, historically and culturally amazing. You should try and go!

18. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

the moon

19. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

There's a lovely little "holiday" resort in wales that goes by the name of Pontins.... as your all well aware there's lots of booze and a great Kareoke for Tim ;)

20. ju33les

ju33les Member

Have been looking at Cuba. Seems good value and we enjoy our "all-incs" !

Is it dodgy weather in June, as i believe it's the start of the cyclone season........

21. ju33les

ju33les Member

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Think ONCE a year is enough for Pontin's!!

22. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

There's never enough pontins..... the classy entertainment..... top class challets....... friendly staff :tup