Where I was today... :)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by TheMusicMan, Sep 9, 2007.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

There's really only only ever going to be one place I'd always prefer to end up, and that's... "the green green grass of home...!!" However, this traveling malarkey sometimes has it's up points.

Crappy pics I appreciate, but... this is where I was this morning... on Jumeirah beach in Dubai...

[​IMG]

Where I was this afternoon... by the pool in the Movenpick, Dubai...

[​IMG]

What I was listening to this evening...

[​IMG]

... and where I had dinner this evening...

[​IMG]

Not bad for a days work eh!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wales
    New South Wales
    New Zealand
    Zoom
    nook1938
  3. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Crappy? No way - are you sure you're not a professional photographer? :D
    I wish my some of pictures had turned out as well as the ones you've been posting recently!

Andy

4. TheMusicMan

Thanks Andy... that's very nice of you to say so... I must admit I am trying hard to learn DSLR stuff, and am very much enjoying it too. Did you see the puppy pics...?

Hoping to get to go desert-dune quad-biking before I come home and will take some more pics of that if I get the chance.

I am considering bringing back the tMP gallery now, we'll see :)

Let's see your pics then...:)

5. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Oh well, ok then; here's a young eagle I met on holiday this year - hope this works :)

Attached Files:

6. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Just be careful about getting sand on that CCD John. Even though the Olympus has that dust removal hypersonic thingy I don't think it would cope with half the arabian desert stuffed down its neck. :)

And get yourself a flickr account.

7. TheMusicMan

WOW - awesome... what are you on about man, saying yours are not good. Thats a superb image. Taken with...????

Agreed John - I have a padded bag in another padded bag and will only be taking pics when stationary. :)

8. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Aw, blush....thanks!

Taken with a Nikon D70 and my new 18-200mm DX VRII...

Andy

9. TheMusicMan

WOW - 18-200mm, that's a cool spec for a lens. My next lens is the Zuko 70-300mm when it finally arrives next month (hopefully), then I'd simply have to go for the 1.4x to compliment it eh :)

Do you have any gallery with your images Andy...? PM if you don't want it publicised...

10. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

You should have said you were in Dubai we were there this weekend for three days, came back on Friday night, we could have had a beer!!

Cheers,
    Darrol

11. Hornblower RN

Hornblower RN Member

Andy ...that eagle image is superb. Have you considered offering it to the RSPB site? http://www.rspb.org.uk/ Thanks for letting us view it

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wales
    New South Wales
    New Zealand
    Zoom
    nook1938
  13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Yeah John, you could have just nipped round for a quick beer with Darrol Barry! :eek: :rolleyes:

14. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

The 200mm was a "significant birthday" gift from the family :) It suffers a bit from zoom creep but I can live with that.

No, I don't have a gallery yet - I think I'll have to get sorted in that respect. I do have a flickr account but haven't posted anything yet. I'm not sure I like flickr either!

Andy

15. TheMusicMan

You should, with images like that you'd get lots of comments.

I am not fond of flickr either to be honest, but if you want a good free image hosting service, try photobucket - not 'arf bad. it's what I have used to host some of the images I've posted here.

I have just set up a Zenfolio account - only as a temporary measure, but I have to say that it is a very nice system and works well, not sure I shall be keeping it though as I am looking for my own gallery script. I might re-launch the tMP gallery - costs a lot more now though.

What are you thinking of doing re a gallery?

16. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

So THAT'S what he's doing with all the sponsorship and advertising money ;)

17. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

I don't think the RSPB would really be interested though as it's not native to this country. I'm not too sure of my facts here but I believe she's a short-toed Indian Snake Eagle of about 6 months old. I was lucky to get so close to her as she's still not hand-trained and was quite aggressive.

I've got a nice owl pic I'll post later if I can find it.

Andy

18. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

This little chap is an Indian Eagle Owl. He's not actually looking at the ground at the time I took the shot, but he had been looking for some food his handler put there. Apparently their eyesight is so bad at close quarters it takes them several minutes to focus on the ground in order to find the food. It's quite comical to watch.

[​IMG]

Andy

(thanks for the tip about photobucket John!)

19. TheMusicMan

Oh I wish BT, how I wish... :)

This lurvely new DSLR camera gear is paid for by the endless trips abroad, few weekends home, often 15 hour days... if tMP could provide this, I'd retire from self employment asap...:):)

PS: just to let you know - tMP > £600 so far this year in legal fees alone!!

20. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I didn't know Mafia protection fees had gone up. I must renew my standing order....

Only teasing!:biggrin:

I'd retire from self-employment too, if only somebody would employ me!

21. andyh

andyh Supporting Member

Not exactly where I was *today*, but I was there in November 2008. This is Ben Cruachan, near Queenstown, New Zealand. To say this is a beautiful country is understatement to the max - the air is clean and pure, there is no pollution, no litter, no traffic. I'll be going back as soon as I can afford it :D

Enjoy,
    Andy

[​IMG]

22. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Lovely photo - gorgeous place - New Zealand is one place I would go if I could (top of my wish list!) :D

Pops
    xx