Where did you first use your username?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by flugelgal, Jul 20, 2004.

?

Where did you first use your username?

1. This forum

85.4%
  2. Another brass related site

2.4%
  3. Somewhere online totally unrelated to brass banding

4.9%
  4. Other

7.3%
  1. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I first used my username in an online game called Nokiagame. I needed a username and Flugelgal sprung to mind. Am I the only person here that didn't start using their username in a brass related forum?

2. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

As you can tell, I'm very unimaginitive :) I just use my own name.

How do you go about changing it if you decide you want to?

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

you can't do it yourself, you have to enlist the help of some kind mod somewhere!!

4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

And I first started using mine on here. (and only here so far although it is the profile on my mobile too now :roll: !)

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I've often thought of changing my username if only because I frequently live up to my surname anyway.... :lol:

Still, to answer your question logically, captain (sorry...... going a bit Trekkie there) it was first used on my birth certificate, I guess! ;-)

6. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

First used on here and it is very cheesy because I am no good at thinking up user names.

7. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Been using mine for years. The first time it was used online was on the Very Silly Society

8. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

I used mine first at school, totally unrelated to the internet! The first time it was used online was for an image manipulator/web geek forum (a guy I know through it made the picture of beckham taking the penalty and Gopher coming up through the penalty spot, that kind of stuff) which I'm not going to link to as this is a family forum...!

9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

First time it was used was by my incredibly imaginative form tutor :roll: when I was about 12... first time online was on my hotmail account...

10. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

oooooo.... when I was using ICQ about 4 years back or so is when me and a guy I was chatting to came up with the idea of how to create a nickname using all your names... used it for everything since :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Nokiagame
    Flugelgal
    username
    brass related forum
    online game
  12. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

On the mouthpiece!

13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Using that method would give me Dywywi :roll: :lol:

Lazy people started calling me Dyl as they couldn't be bothered to add the last two letters of my name!

14. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

With your method I'd be Kijake. :lol:

15. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I carried it across from the MSN forum, where I debuted it, as a consequence of eventually deciding that "Dafydd y garreg wen" was a bit too pretentious for a non-Welsh speaker.

Damaanta sounds a bit too much like a female lead in a bad sci-fi novel, I think...

16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I was given mine by Ebay :shock:
    Using the Naruco method I'd be Recawi which sounds more like a long lost tribe of the Congo, possibly of gorillas...
    BigMamaBadger
    xx

17. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

November 1999 - when I started my site and registered it as the domain name.

18. First used it on a little known email game called battlemail which has since fallen out of existance.

19. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I first used it for my hotmail account, and have used it for everything else since!!

If I could change them all easily, I would, but it's just too much effort!

20. blondie

blondie Member

Mine was first used online here but its been used for years, actually since I started playing for Wem.

21. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Mine is my email address...couldn't be bothered to think of a new name

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Nokiagame
    Flugelgal
    username
    brass related forum
    online game