Where can I get a Bremner ssshhh mute

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BigHorn, Oct 17, 2007.

1. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Anybody in tMP land know where I can get a Bremner ssshhh cornet practice mute from?
    I am told they are pretty popular in Australia where they come from but I can't seem to find anybody selling them over here.
    I had a go on one the other night and was really impressed.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bremner
    Australia
    Bremner ssshhh mute
    Bremner ssshhh cornet practice
    tMP land
  3. Fendall

Fendall Member

Try here http://www.4barsrest.com/shopping/du_default.asp

They are great mutes. Able to be used in the house at 10pm while the kids are asleep - you can fully 'blast' without the horrible tuning and back pressure problems you get in other mutes. This mute played a big part in my return to banding form after a 16 year absence.

Ideal also for those situations where you need to play pp or ppp in a band situation. I played the last 20 bars of 'Volcano' at the Swiss Open last year and played a good forte through the mute to replicate p - pp. Great for some parts of 'English Heritage' too!

Apart from that Trevor and Betty Bremner are great people, and he is one of the finest cornet players in the world.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I see a few available on eBay, but they're all in the USA. Maybe take a look to see if they would ship to UK...?

Here's the list.

5. Fendall

Fendall Member

The site reference I gave you has the option to ship to "the rest of the world" - and they are cheap enough for a new one.

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

You can buy directly from the website here (in US $ though!)

7. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Agreed. I've bought 2 cornet Sssshmutes and 1 flugel Ssssshmute from 4BR Down Under and not only was the price very reasonable (I think all in worked out at £25 for a cornet mute) but the it arrived in about a week.

Also very highly recommended!

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I didn't say you didn't state this... :):)

9. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I bought mine from a UK supplier online Normans maybe? or Band Supplies I can't find invoice/email at the moment to confirm.. If I do I'll post back.

10. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

I got mine from band supplies - it arrived next day! Great service.

11. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Thanks for all the replies. Had a look on Band supplies website and found it, so have put in my order. It didn't come up in a google search for some reason - perhaps they need to update their meta tags.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bremner
    Australia
    Bremner ssshhh mute
    Bremner ssshhh cornet practice
    tMP land
  13. Owen S

Owen S Member

Yep, I bought both of mine from Band Supplies, and both times they arrived the following day. One of the two, I think I ordered at about 4pm, which was pretty impressive.

14. Surely Packers have them?

15. ebay has some