Where are you staying?

Discussion in '2006 National Championships of Great Britain discu' started by drummergurl's mummy, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Just wondered where people are staying for Harrogate. Rainford are in the Holiday inn next to the Conference Centre (I think).

2. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

im staying at home with my dog and my dad

3. backrowboy

backrowboy Member

Haverhill are staying in a travelodge near Leeds Airport.

4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Flixton are staying in ripon

5. cherrybassett

cherrybassett Member

Blidworth are staying in the Premier Travel in Harrogate about 1 1/2 miles away from conference centre

6. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Emley are staying at home,

at least until the day, when we'll come up by coach!

Ripon?? is that the closest you could find? They have to think about the venue in terms of accessability and facities - not just the cheapest venue to get all the bands in!

G

7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

ripon is not far and we have a coach taking us to the venue from the hotel

8. fhnpt

fhnpt Member

Horbury will be staying at home too. Just a coach on the day to and from harrogate

9. Jamie

Jamie Member

Find yourself a nice Premier Travel Inn... (Plug, plug...) I don't know anyone who might work for them, though....

10. no2taz

no2taz Member

Newbridge Celynen band will be staying at the Britania Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel POSH ayyyyy.

think the MDs room is 9999 so all drinks on his tab please HEHEHE

11. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

ooh good point! i have nooo idea where we're staying! should probably find out ... :rolleyes: staying friday - sunday though!

12. winterman

winterman Member

Ah, we stopped there two years ago (along with Pemberton which was interesting sharing with a rival 1st Section band, great fun they even let us join in their victory celebrations), not bad, though we did have to educate them as to what time a hotel bar should shut! They actually re-opened for us tho and reduced the price of the beer for guests staying in the hotel!

As for Drig, we're stopping at home this year and then bobbing up on a coach to a top-secret rehearsal location prior to descending on the Conference Centre. Not sure where we will be relaxing after playing yet (any suggestions people?). Didn't find a bar in the Conference Centre last time as we had the hotel one next door (is there one that will be open?).

13. AlanD

AlanD Member

Tullis Russell are staying at the Moat House in Harrogate.

14. agentorange

agentorange Member

There's definately a bar in the conference centre. I spent about 8 hours there last year just to make sure!

15. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Lizzie, we're staying at the Leeds Parkway Ramada but you probably know that already!!
    It's half way between Leeds and Harrogate which is OK if you're not travelling from London and have to pay a £15 taxi fare from either Leeds or Harrogate!! Tight aren't I?

16. winterman

winterman Member

Well, you always hop on the X84 bus from Leeds (from the main bus station) and pay about £2.00 ;)

17. winterman

winterman Member

Good-o! Can't be a proper contest venue without a bar!!

18. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Cheers Mic, I'll do that!!:tup Someone else has my band gear so it's a great idea. I never think to get the bus anywhere....

19. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Lympstone are staying there too apparently! See you there!! :biggrin:

20. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

But it only serves electric soup. Take your taste buds to the Old Bell and treat them to some proper ale.

D