When you're looking at who is online...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Big Twigge, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

do you feel like a stalker?

If there is somebody else looking at who's online, do you feel like you've been caught red handed?

Or is this not the case at all!
  2. Hollie

Hollie Member

Sorry I don't! lol!
    why do you feel like that?
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Well, you could feel like a stalker - or you could feel like an evil genius who's about to take over the world keeping a malevolent eye on their unsuspecting underlings-to-be. Your choice.
  4. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

yeah..i go with the genius and the malevolent underlings theory...sounds good to me!
  5. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Some people will do anything to boost their post count! Tsk!! :rolleyes: ;)
    (Happy New Year's Eve by the way - See ya next year!)
  6. 2nd man down

And you sir!
  7. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'm dead nosey when I'm browsing the internet. If someone posts a picture I often go up the directory tree to see what else they've got. Not sure if that counts as stalking or not...
  8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Uh huh......

9. kevthedrummer

kevthedrummer Member

stalker :-?
  10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I always like to know what the person I am talking to looks like, especially in the email dominated workplace.

Of course, on tMP, looking at avatars is not always a great help. For example, I don't think Kate_the_Horn is really a nun; Akwarose surely doesn't resemble Tibby's guitar; I'm sure FlugelGal and TimBloke don't REALLY look like characters from Monsters Inc; and I know Aardvark doesn't look like Cerebrus.

That said, having met BBCBari several times, his current avatar is very lifelike :biggrin:

(In my avatar, I'm the tall one on the left. Her Majesty the Queen is on the right. :rolleyes: )
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2004
  11. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

With or Without he white beard?

12. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Meanwhile back on topic...;)

Are you suffering from a guilty conscence Caroline?? ;)

I don't feel, like a stalker, although if I see someone else is also viewing who's online I feel like saying hello to them...:shock: :oops: :-?
  13. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Ian - as a mod, aren't sort of supposed to be "spying" on us? (I mean that in a good way - the quality of the moderation on this forum is exceptional compared to many other's I've been on).

I sometimes glance at the list, especially when there are a lot of people listed as being online but no one seems to be posting - just to see if I'm missing something good:)
  14. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Disappointing when you find out what they're actually doing though isn't it ;)
  15. mikelyons

If you feel like a stalker luvvy, I'll see if I can find you one...

HBB do? ;)

No. Being a self-righteous prig I feel like I've caught someone else :evil:

Honestly never gave it a thought. What a complicated and sinister mind you have. Are you left handed, BTW?
  16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Right handed, sorry if that disproves a theory!
    I am however, really good at doing mirror writing.......any conclusions to be drawn?
  17. mikelyons

Maybe you are one of those changelings who was forced to use their right hand as a child? My partner was put through that. Very bitter about it now.

How many different and unrelated things can you do at once? Maybe it's a sign of latent schizophrenia? If you murder anybody, you can blame it on one of your multiple personalities.:-D
  18. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I don't think so, I think I was allowed to use whichever hand I wanted.....as for the different and unrelated things I can do at once.....I'm a lady of course I can multitask!!
    I think I'll stop worrying about looking like a stalker now too!
  19. 2nd man down

I really can't be bothered to trawl through looking for my post on this subject before...but EXCUSE ME!!,...women cannot multitask...they can only multipartiallyfinish.
    They take unpteen jobs on at once...grumble about the fact that they have...then not finish any of them...and then conplain at the man to finish them all off for her...

*phew* rant over...I thank you. :cool:

[enter a shed load of stroppy, rather irritated women wanting to tear poor old (but rather accurate and truthful) 2nd man down limb from limb, stage left.] ;)