When would you go to

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Apr 12, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

if John's break in the space/time continuum was real?
    I rather fancy being a 1920's flapper girl, (apologies for those of you who were there, it's history to the rest of us...) or maybe a Regency floozie.
  2. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I'd quite like to go back to the year i was born (but be this age!) and see if anything interesting was going on, and see how they survived without the internet and mobiles!
  3. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

I don't fancy that, going back to rationing, small bore instruments and Ricket's.:mad:
  4. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

25th May 1967 in Lisbon so I could watch my beloved Celtic lift the European Cup. Or even better, 6th May 1970, San Siro, Milan so that I could do something to prevent Ole Kindvall scoring the winner for Feyenoord against my beloved Celtic.
  5. matti_raz

matti_raz Member

Anytime during the Busby era... or even better to be A)Sir Matt Busby or B)Sir Fergie..... we can all dream!
  6. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

No interest in going back in time - history is history, and there's all manner of nasty diseases and no cures....

No, I'd like to skip forwards - day trips to the moon, holidays on Titan, visits to Alph Centauri, Barnard's Star, and distant places....

And see who turns up to my funeral. Who are my real friends?...
  7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

19th Century for me, but I would have to go back as the 'Lady of the Manor'. ;) Not into the hardship of the peasants! :eek:
  8. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I thought you were talking about the annoying bird that used to advertise British Telecom...;)

I'd go back five years so I would choose not to stick a load of money into my company pension scheme :( then I'd go back to the early 80's and invest some cash in a small, insignificant software company by the name of Microsoft.

Then (for fun now) I'd go back to the 1957 German Grand Prix to watch Fangio take over a minute out of his rivals in the last 20-odd laps to overtake them and eventually win.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  9. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

Would you want your own "Lady Chatterleys Lover" or a "Mr Darcey"?
  10. bigmamabadger

Ah, now you see that's where I was headed with the Regency floozie thing...
    But I take the point about being lady of the manor. Would obviously be successful, well-connected and wealthy floozie, not little street-tart.
  11. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Late 1960s, early 1970s to watch Mike "The Bike" Hailwood tearing round the TT. Or mid-late 1970s to watch Barry Sheene and Kenny Roberts bashing fairings at every GP in some of the best racing motorsport has ever seen.

1977, to buy a brand new yamaha TZ750 Ron Haslam Pharaoh race rep with slide carbs, and keep it pristine til today. (It would still murder a modern R1 or Blade down the back straight at Snetterton or Donington even now.)

1993 to do the same with a VFR750RC30 Rothmans race rep. (spot a pattern emerging here?)

1955, to watch Jackie Milburn's Newcastle lift the FA cup

1815 to witness Waterloo.
  12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

So, a complete role change for you then? ;)

I'd go to Dallas, November 1963 and tell Kennedy to duck! And then back to 21st. October 1805 to tell Nelson the same thing. Oh and I might nip back to tell King George the Americas might be worth hanging onto, which would then make my first trip unnecessary. :cool:
  13. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

The turn of the 19th Century, as Napoleon marched across Europe and then got tripped up by an Irishman in Belgium (having escaped once). What I'd really like to know was...

was he murdered?
  14. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

I would go back to Munich 1958 and tell the pilot of the United plane to postpone take off and save all of those hugely talented footballers lives....Long live the memory of THE BUSBY BABES...sorry for shouting
  15. HBB

HBB Active Member

My thoughts exactly! :D
  16. bigmamabadger

Get you...:tongue:

But if Kennedy had survived maybe the West would have lost the Cold War? Maybe he'd have pressed the button? And if we'd hung on to the colonies there'd be no McDonalds...
    Interfering with history can be a dangerous game.
  17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I'd want to go back to when I was 14 and about to start my GCSE's ..... this time I would concentrate and get good grades.... and I wouldn't have given up brass and I would have been reeeeeeeeeally good and in NYBB and everything :tongue: ..... I CAN DREAM! :tongue:
  18. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

I'd go back to GCSE's too and actually do some revision this time so I could gety all A's and B's instead of mostly B's. I'd also actually do some work for my A Levels and get decent grades in those too (had a severe attack of CBB whilst doing A Levels) and I'd actually bite the bullet and go to music college this time rather than having to say no to my place because of lack of funds.

Going back to the second world war with a few B52 bombers might be interesting or back into the 1800's with a supercar!!

19. Key2207

Key2207 Member

I'd go back to my GCSE's and choose something more interesting than geography!! It was sooooo boring. I remember trekking through midd(leton) and having to draw houses and stuff :rolleyes: What's all that about?!! I'd also concentrate more instead of talking all the time in class!! ha ha! Maybe I would have got better grades that way lol!
  20. Erm... i think id like to back to the 15th century, but with the knoledge and medicine awareness i hav now. it'd be intersting to see what they made of my sanity when i told them there was little things floating in the air that caused disease even though you can't see them and that they can be cured by putting them in your body via needle! :confused: i wonder how long it would be before i was in a straight jacket locked up or accused of being a witch!:-?:wink: