When the Saints Go Marching In - arrangement?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cornetcheese, Mar 23, 2004.

1. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Just another query! I recently conducted an arrangement of "When the Saints go Marching In" and was hoping to use it again with another band, but sadly I cannot remember who arranged it! I suspect it's Goff Richards or Alan Fernie, but can't remember which...

I do remember that the band had to stand and sing in the middle if that helps...

Hope someone knows what I'm talking about!
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Goff Richards... cracking arrangement

3. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

yes, I have played it too.

We also have an arrangement by a local guy. It's in a funk style, with the cornets screaming away a la stage band style.
  4. Good fun that one man... A Richards arrangement always brightens up a concert.
  5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Get in touch with Newtongrange as I have seen them playing/singing it at Carnegie.
  6. cornetcheese

cornetcheese Member

Yep - that's the one! I should have remembered who arranged it as I conducted Newtongrange band at the Carnegie contest when they did the piece, but my memory is awful! I did ask to borrow it off them, but I think it's in the deep recesses of somebody's house, so may as well actually get the other band to buy it instead!

Thanks for your help!
  7. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

We play an absolutely beltin arrangement by Goff Richards as our signature tune at the end of every concert but we don't have to sing in the middle??? :?

IYOUNG Member

Don Morrison did an excellent arrangement of this way back, don't know whether its still in Publication.

You would need a pretty good Euph player though

9. AJSOP

AJSOP Member

most probably the goff richards arrangement
  10. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Gordon Langford did an arrangement of it as well, back in the 1970s.
  11. BigD

BigD Member

Careful though - Goff Richards has done 2 arrangements of this. Don't buy the wrong one!