When actually is Weston Contest?

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by meandmycornet, Apr 4, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

When is Weston-Super-Mud Own Choice Contest?
    We had through the documents from the contest people and they say the 14th may.... but then lots of people are saying its the 21st and the tMP diary says its the 21st :| when is it!?!?! i don't wnanna go the wrong week! :tongue:

Fi
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Weston Contest
    Weston-Super-Mud
    Choice Contest
    contest people
  3. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

It's the 21st!! That's when Lympstone will be there anyway! (As far I know...!) :D

I think they changed the date from the 14th for some reason.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  4. Lisa

Lisa Member

Yeah, I've been slightly confused too! :confused:
    Bath Spa Band were going to go on the 14th until I mentioned the 21st. Gillingham Band seem certain it's the 21st though (although originally I think it was on 14th).
    It would be more convenient for me if it were on the 14th but I don't suppose they'll change it back just for me :roll:

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... and for anyone going who may not have attended this contest before, I can assure you of an excellent venue, a very well managed event, and an excellent atmosphere to boot!

WSM is by far for me one of the very best 'open' contests I have competed at - and all credit should go to WSM band and the contest organisers involved for putting on such a magnificent event.

Good luck to all those bands taking part this year.

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

I told you Fi it's the 21st!! :tongue: It's not going to be on the 14th because the grand shield is on the 13th so quite a few of the bands that may have entered in the top section will be in Blackpool!

7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

That's me!! I've never attended a "local" contest so far "up north" before! :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to it!! :biggrin:

That's the reason! I knew there was one! :)

8. vcbjet

vcbjet Member

Weston is Ace! Unfortunately wont be going this year because i am based in the North Midlands at the moment.

Great contest, great place, great memories (won last year!) - and it always seems to be sunny on contest day!

9. The_Eighth_Dwarf

The_Eighth_Dwarf New Member

One of the main complaints I have with weston contest is the price of the flippin beer.

10. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

It's got to be cheaper than Torquay though?!! :confused:

11. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Just out of interest, where is weston super mare?!

I'm looking forward to doing a new contest, it should be good!

Vaugely on topic in regard to the dates- is anyone from down here going up to Blackpool the week before?

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Weston Contest
    Weston-Super-Mud
    Choice Contest
    contest people
  13. bignige

bignige Member

Weston super mare is in Somerset (or is it Avon) so just up teh road for you off the M5.

Good own choice contest, well run. Don't go paddling in the sea - it's either a long walk or you get stuck in the mud!

14. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Not that i've ever done that before......! :(

Will be interesting to have my First Coach Journey with the band, they're always the best bits of contests!

15. meandmycornet

Soooo its the 21st then? ooook then .... longer to wait :(

I like weston last year it was dead good.... met the amazing vicki for the first time ever :tongue: and we came close to last if i remember rightly.... hoping NOT for a repeat of that this year!

We go on a coach to Weston as well.... it was great fun playing mobile phone monopoly on the back row and debating which MP3 player is better :tongue: and everyone else slept the whole way there and back! Roll on the 21st! :D

16. GJacko

GJacko Member

We're based in the Midlands and we're going.

I hope it's 21st, I'm in Blackpool the week before!!!

17. meandmycornet

You were there last year aswell! Because mumsie depped for you and thats why vicki was there :tongue: oooh and you beat us!

18. GJacko

GJacko Member

Yep, I think we've been every year for the last !&*^ years. Can't remember now, but we always manage to do OK there, but never won! Maybe this year?

19. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

20. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I was charged £2.30 for a pint of LEMONADE at Torquay!! Should have taken my own.

On Topic: I thought Weston was changed because it clashed with my Birthday and they didn't think anyone would go. :)

21. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Yeah Rapier, outrageous, so I moved off the Lemonade on to the Vodka Ice at £1.50 (special price).

22. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Tim... what piece are you playing this year?