What's your favourite type of music?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Apr 6, 2004.

What's the best?

1. Pop (Long live cheese!)

2. Good Rock (eg Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, etc)

3. Crap Rock (eg Blink 182, Slipknot etc)

0 vote(s)
  4. Indy

5. Ska

6. Jazz

7. Orchestral/Band

8. Other

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Seeing the responses to another thread I started, I was just wondering what type of music other people on the mouthpiece like listening to :?:
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Voted "Other", but really meant "Anything". I'll listen to anything that's done well (within the context of the genre). It often depends on the mood I'm in.
  3. trombelle

trombelle Member

blink 182 (GODS) in the same category as slipknot (FOOLS IN MASKS)???
    i demand a rethink!!! :twisted:
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

I'd put blink 182 and avril lavigne etc.. in a "loud pop" category
  5. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

Used to love ACDC, Black Sabbath, Van Halen and Led Zep in my younger days. Now a bit more cultured and prefer a bit jazz. Got a couple of albums St Germaine which are very good, especially listening whilst supping a couple of bottles of Pinot Gricio!! 8)
  6. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

anything and everything, depends on my mood and where i am. if i'm at a disco i'll dance n sing to cheesey pop like a woman posessed, if i'm at home and i'm relaxin, classical or indie, something soft.
    jus depends :p
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I see no category for Progressive Rock... Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, and the likes of Ambient music, Enigma, et al... :?
  8. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

My bad, i was thinking on my feet for options... so just add your favourite... as long as it aint techno :shock:
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Don't really have a favourite...
    Anything and everything for me...

... more or less

10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

That's a very strange menu!

I'm going to have to tick 'other' although the real answer would be something like:

Any music except 'Country and Western' or music played on Scottish bagpipes.

11. trombelle

trombelle Member

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  12. deave

deave Member

Yo Andy!!

I'm concerned that you put band/orchestral under same category!!!!!
    I keep them well seperated in my CD rack of they argue with each other
  13. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Couldn't have put it better myself!
  14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Another "other" meaning "anything done well"
  15. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Don't forget RUSH!!!, going to see them in September! :D, seen YES (went to the first re-union gig), would have loved to have seen Floyd apre bust-up.
  16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

depends on my mood... usually "Good Rock" I suppose, although that doesn't automatically mean "Old Rock" as the thread seems to make out. I agree with the labelling of blink and slipknot... absolute tripe, should be shot, with a cannon, please...
  17. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

what has everyone got against slipknot? I saw them at the Barrowlands - what a show - almost as good as Ramstein!!!
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

it's either the terrible music, the childish masks or the fact they're so far engulfed in their own rear ends they can't see sunlight... not sure which...
  19. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

Pop garbage!

Don't get me wrong, but I think Pop has an "o" missing in the middle! In general it has some good points, one in particular being the lovely "Dirrty" video which I must say was mildly engaging, not sure with what though :wink: It was even better with her singing turned down and Ravel's Bolero on the hi-fi, it had a very .....restful and enjoyable feel to it! harh harh! :D

Seriously, wish I could have voted for more than one category on the list, in fact I would have voted for all categories except the rather shallow and financially orientated pop garbage...although Britney's videos do spring to mind...God...I wonder if she really dressed like that in School ??? (mind wandering!)
  20. Although I like most styles of music - the Bob Harris radio show seems to "fit my bill"